SAU Community

E36 Bmw Coupe Build

Bsa

Just got a profec b boost controller to keep boost in line thanks jez. The twin walbros will keep fuel in check. I'm lowering my power goals to around 230 as I want a internal gate turbo and more response then power but still enough to scare the missus haha.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally get to work on my car this weekend can't wait I'll fit the second fuel pump and the drivers door assembly window and lock then if I have time I'll slide the engine and g box in and do mounts

Ok so driving home today my daily just shit itself the last thing I needed. So I'm going to attempt to have motor and box in this weekend and get it going.

So got my bearings today for the sr they will go in on sat mid day. Picking the motor up sat morning from jase house it's a dirty sucker. I'll bolt the sr box up and drop it in I'm hoping with a few mates sat arvo then make up the mounts sat night then wire it's up sun ready to start I'm hoping it works but anyone that's worked on cars before to this level knows it never happens as planned. I'll take photos of the whole transplant.

Ok so iv done some reserch on the diff in my BMW tuns out it has a diff ratio of 4.44 and the m3 diff won't fit without dropping the whole cradle which I'm not going to do. Tge diff will make for some serious acceleration but I think it's going to suck on the freeway

Well this weekend was a fail!!! The motor had 90% of the bearings spun also suffered serious rod knock so now I'm back to square one I'm so devo time for a new sr

Ok so weekend not such a fail Tuesday has brung the best news out of this whole build and I'm excited to say the rb is back in action after 2 months of waiting on a reply a engineer said he will do it oh yeah now this build just got so much better rb25 BMW here we come in other words bend over and save yourself from being raped sr boys haha. Ok now some serious talk iv sourced a good condition rb25 with 155 across the board thanks andrew hopefully pick that up next week also luckily found a rb26 gear box which I will convert to rwd. So parts needed are loom, ecu and injectors. I plan on just cutting the flange off the rb sump and spinning it around 180 deg to fit in I'll make a forward facing plenum to further lower engine height and to tidy up the bay. Please don't say stock it best because I know but forward facing is just to make life easier. Hoping for updates soon I'll keep you posted

Well after being totally Fu ked around by the engineer who now cant renew his licence I'm screwed all Nissan is gone from this project but I'm still on the mission to make it turbo. But it will take a while so iv picked up a BMW m44 engine, box, loom, ecu and the rest for cheap so I can atleast get the car on the road. How here is the fun bit when I was talking to mitch the owner of Reno wreck and we where walking around looking at my motor options I stumbled across a m50 2.5l block with pistons and I thought hmm I could make some good power with that thing cast iron block comes STD with forged crank and rods and making 2.5l with a 84mm bore now iv done shit loads of reading about this motor and if I bore it out to 86 mm it would be in the 2.6l maybe closer to 2.7. So then I thought hmm what if I build this motor and slap a t67 on it I would easy see 350kw and the best bit I can actually engineer it no problems as a simple motor swap. So for now I'm putting in the little 4 banger 1.9l with a hole 92kw at the wheels and rego this car that has caused me so much grief and while I drive it around and enjoy it I'll build myself a monster that I will happily put down the quarter

Sounds like it could work out well. Excuse my ignorance, but when did the M44 and the M50 models come out? Was that e36 and 49?

The m44 came out 95+ in 318is and simular 3 serries. The m50 finished in 95 and replaced by the m52 which is a alloy block otherwise almost the same. My plan is to use to use a m52 head which features a vct type type of setup. I was going to turbo the m44 but let's face it there is nothing like capacity. My problem now is tuning and having to delete the afm so I'm thinking a g4 link or simular there is little to no info on a build like this and when there is they are yanks who talk out there ass. There are no listings for forged pistons acorrding to my local machine shop who can get everything but I'm thinking sr20 pistons will work same pin height and pin size. Iv got 3 stock pistons but need 3 more if I can't get them then I'll buy forged 86.5 to further push up those beloved cc

Mate you're asking for a huge headache doing that. Look at how BMW engines lean over on the exhaust side and think about where you're going to mount a turbo. As you said then ecu to control it and they also have quite high compression. It will be MUCH cheaper to put the rb engine in there.