SAU Community

E36 Bmw Coupe Build

Bsa

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i read that but the new laws are changing the capasity and nobody knows what is going on but rough guide lines are out there. ill give him a call tomorrow and run both conversions past him thanks for that info mate.

so sr is the go its so much easier and will cost less to engineer but im not fussed i like sr motors plus im not going for record power. so i pulled apart the sr today and shit my self when i fould this in the sump

post-87022-0-59607900-1326102433_thumb.jpg

which luckly only caused this

post-87022-0-74284900-1326102481_thumb.jpg

oh and 2 missing oil squirters but thats ok because forged pistons are only 500 bucks cheap. and ill take the squiters off my 25 block as im positive they are the same. on better news installed the radiator today all looking good there. iv been looking out for a set of recaro seats i think it would add a nice touch the to bm as im still wanting to keep some jdm looks thats if they pop up cheap enough.

So last day before I go back to work so I got stuck into finishing the inside. Wired in the push button start looks mad also installed a switch for the reds so I can rid of the ignition barrel. Hard wired the fuel pump with kill switch and left it wired to airbag incase of accident. Stole the cd player out of my bros car terms and conditions of me installing it haha. I forgot how good the stock BMW sound system is all rockford gear kicks ass. Why spend hunderds on pioneer gear when this is better tip for guys looking to upgrade speakers. The pump is noisy when under the back seat have to look at trying to muffle out the sound a bit any tips? So far build has cost me

Car $600

Wiring $14

Push start button $12 (jay car)

M3 LSD diff $300 (traded in my old one)

Sr20 traded for rb30 forgies had no use for them anymore thanks DVS jez got the whole bottom end for 200 originally

Sr20 ally radiator $100 ( brand new)

Everything else I either had or was given to me for free by mitch at Reno wreak top bloke he is.

Things left to do inside

Front seats if a can afford recaro otherwise I need drivers seat

Re do roof lining was saggy $150

Fit glove box

Install door cards and install drivers lock assembly (free)

Put all covers back on and give it a good clean

Exterior bits left

Lights all around

Fit bumpers on doors

Give the whole car a decent buff

Repaint rear bumper and radiator support

The go fast bits left

Fit new suspension

Sr is stripped needs a skim and pistons then reassemble

Make motor mounts and gearbox mounts

Fit the m3 diff

Custom drive shaft

Wire it all up (DVS jez will be doing that)

Do piping

Exhaust

Tune

I'll be running a s15 turbo with a set of 550 injectors going to pust it to 340hp is possible

Then engineer cert and rego then the best bit drive the fck out of it but a long way to go yet

Pics will be up later

Yeah should be ok work on the Beemer may stop for a few weeks because I might be moving to the gong for work I'm dummy fitting the motor this arvo so I can wip up some mounts.

so havent done much dummy fitted the motor and wired up a cd player. will have to make a custom sump never relised the sr was so tall but thats not to worry. a few photos of goodness.

post-87022-0-83653900-1326617085_thumb.jpg

post-87022-0-34584400-1326617102_thumb.jpg

post-87022-0-09639000-1326617117_thumb.jpg

post-87022-0-96957600-1326617129_thumb.jpg

ill be using a rb20 box behind the sr i just need a bell housing if anyone has one?

So not many updates busy moving houses iv put all the trims back together just waiting to move so I can start again also picked up a running motor off a forum member which I will use untill I build the one I have hopefully with the more money coming in things will happen faster then planed

Rito progress finally iv now picked up a sr bell housing to run on my 20 box iv also got a vct sr20 as well I'll put new bearings in it and I'm happy. I'll bolt it together then install it then while I'm making mounts jez can wire it in I'm hoping it will be running in a month then I just need a few little things. I'm going to run my old td06h-20g turbo on a mani I'll make so 260kw is very possible will be one fast BMW

Edited by Bsa

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so with much more research iv found that BMW e36 can suffer from terrible fuel starvation so iv decided to run twin pumps one on drivers side one on passengers side twin walbros I'm fairly sure that will sort any fueling worries may keep the sr pumping a lot longer

BMW fuel tank sits under the rear seat so the tank is basically in 2 halves with a small passage joining them so the one pump both fills theother half to equal the fuel level so whenpulling high gs around corners you have a high risk of the pump becoming open to just fumes. So by adding a second pump to tge passenger side of the tankyou almost have no chance of missing fuel pickup. It's a common upgrade for m3 bmws as there are 2 openings and cradles to hold fuel pumps. If you look up BMW e36 twin fuel pumps it gives a much better description then I just did