SAU Community

E36 Bmw Coupe Build

Bsa

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah looks at home but now iv put the engine on the normal slant the rear turbo is hitting the abs unit and leaves no room for a dump so after pulling my hair out and destroying a manifold I'm having to bite the bullet and go a bigish single. So a t67 will be going on now I need a manifold which leaves me 2 optons I either make one from scratch or buy a cheap one and spend a few hours cleaning it up and re welding till I'm happy all comes down to time which Im short on. This weekend me and dori34 are going to crack the wip and get it to the point where its ready to only have to do the hot side. So this weekend will be wiring, drive shaft. Raidator install and hook up, connect needed vac and heater hoses, cold side cooler piping, install injectors, install seats and finally install sensors and gauges. It's a big list but should get it done with 2 blokes fingers crossed

There is but it's tight turbo would have to sit between cil 3&4 but the engine mount is there and the rack sits back 120mm then a skyline rack making it hard to get to the lower controll arm bolts. If top mounted it will sit between cil 1&2 or 2&3. Not sure how easy it would be to low mount a t67 and tial gate kinda need to buy the turbo before deciding

So next weekend I'm going to spend the whole weekend working on the girl bribed a mate with beer to do all the lock changes and few other bits. I'll be finishing off the bay hoping to get it to the point where it's only exhaust

• 2 weeks later...

I'm out of time and money needs around 2 g and it's done I'm devo plus someone stole all my gauges and a stainless manifold the other day so that puts me back there to. The plan was to keep the car sell the 26 buy a cheap 25 and I could finish it. My daily shat a motor today and tow costs and repairs near left me a g out of pocket with no car all while trying to tow a car so I'm stuck. If the 26 sells it will be finished if not will sit there till I have the money

• 1 month later...

Hahahahaha what happened to this car/project.........

Oh that's right BSA got kicked out of the unit he was living in and left the car sitting in the parking spot! Abandoned the car and left the real estate to clean up his mess.

• 4 weeks later...

What's happening with this build? Still going?

My current weekend car is a 98' E36 318is.

I was thinking of doing an individual throttle body kit on my car and rebuilding the motor with 3.2L M3 internals. Would be great fun with a high-revving 1.9L 4cyl making ~200hp.

What kind of coin is required to do the RB25 or the SR20 conversion? If it's cheaper by a long mark I may look down that avenue instead....