SAU Community

Who Likes Detailing?

Hadouken

^^^ what you talking about? Zaino clear seal can be applied over any wax! The details are, make sure wax cures then apply Zaino CS.

Yes you can apply clear seal first. But I wanted to work the look of my car then apply the sealant to lock in that gloss.

Also, If youre using a random orbital, it is very hard to leave buffer trails. Even with the heavy cutting compounds.

Ok maybe I dont know what im talking about :S

CAUTION: Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes. from Zaino site, and your wax would not be fully cured within an hour or two I assure you.

Search "Zaino Z-CS over wax detailingworld" in google youll see everyone that knows what they are doing is putting a wax over zaino not zaino over a wax. but you can continue what your doing just trying to help.

I did it on a gtr with green edge pad and flex 3401.

guessing it wasnt black? I GUARANTEE it would have buffer trails with a green pad especially you would have slight marring with a black pad even :)

But maybe I just do it as a profession and dont know what I am talking about :S, except for the 3 emails I got from members who are detailers/enthusiast of detailing agreeing but maybe their wrong also.

Damn I guess I need to go re learn the art of detailing adn REFINING a finish.

Edited by immacreflections

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I love your sarcasm.

I was just trying to make the point that it is ok to apply ZCS over wax. You were saying it wouldn't bond and that it is a waste of time.

If I think back correctly, I think I left it for 24 hours and applied the zaino.

But I'm not challenging anyone for I am only a diy'er. And I learn as I go. All the help I can get is a bonus.

guessing it wasnt black? I GUARANTEE it would have buffer trails with a green pad especially you would have slight marring with a black pad even :)

But maybe I just do it as a profession and dont know what I am talking about :S, except for the 3 emails I got from members who are detailers/enthusiast of detailing agreeing but maybe their wrong also.

Nah my car's not black. I've done black cars with PG before and it didn't finish nicely. In fact, I'm not a big fan of the product at all. Was 4 years ago when i did it on my car and if I still have an Edge green pad, I would try it again (on wife's car, not mine again lol).

End of the day maybe I'm wrong and my memory eludes me in old age. After all you're the pro. :cool:

Last time I did mine:

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

Didnt get any good close-up-ish photos but looked alot like the first time It got detailed:

DSC00189.jpg

Wash (Maguires Ultimate wash)

Buff/Polish (cant remember of the name of the stuff I use lol)

Wash (Maguires Ultimate wash)

Dry then Wax with Maguires Wet look I think it was

Was a while ago now so dont really remember haha

• 2 weeks later...

Ok maybe I dont know what im talking about :S

CAUTION: Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes. from Zaino site, and your wax would not be fully cured within an hour or two I assure you.

Search "Zaino Z-CS over wax detailingworld" in google youll see everyone that knows what they are doing is putting a wax over zaino not zaino over a wax. but you can continue what your doing just trying to help.

How much do you charge for a full service? :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry about iphone pics.

awesome job , i actually drove past you today on silverwater road .i remembered seeing this post , must say beast did stand out , paint looks great

Sorry about iphone pics.

awesome job , i actually drove past you today on silverwater road .i remembered seeing this post , must say beast did stand out , paint looks great

Haha really?! That's the day I got my car back from the shop, should've given a wave haha

haha i wasnt in my r33 , so you probably would of been like WTF?

haha next time , youll probably see mine around , black s2 , wont be hard to miss when im done with it :)

• 1 month later...

I don't understand why people don't enjoy cleaning their car.

It is honestly one of my favourite things to do. I reckon my car gets washed and detailed more than it gets driven.

My neighbours must think im obsessive compulsive. Im always out in the garage at all hours waxing away.

It is probably the most relaxing therapeutic thing i do.

Pic....because who doesn't like pics!!

DSC_8108.jpg

DSC_8003-1.jpg

Edited by greensa14

^ Looks fantastic, thanks for sharing.

I also enjoy the detailing process, its very rewarding.

Still havent detailed my GTR, had to get all the little bugs ironed out first - but maybe this weekend, maybe.