SAU Community

Importing Body Parts

R6n350GT

I have a box of body parts im wanting to import

79"x40"x26" 1.35 cubic and 60kg

Brand new parts, valued under $1000

Parts are for a V35 which is not locally sold and neither are the parts im buying.

Who can recommend and good shipping company that will deliver from USA (LA) to Brisbane and take care of all clearance etc?

So far my calls have lead to

rolyleahycustomimports @ $910

Shiprite International @ $1183

wwcf @ $ 972

Vanguard Logistic Services (vls) @ $925

None inc insurance and all pickup from Brisbane.

An example of breakdown of costs are

Freight Charge: USD 242.09

Document Fee: USD 125.00

Port Charges: $ 89.08

Terminal Handling: $ 49.78

Delivery Order Fee: $ 75.00

Sea Cargo Fee: $ 37.00

Cargo Management Fee $37.00

Postage/Communication:$21.00

Quarantine Application: $ 56.00

Customs Clearance: $ 137.00

Looking forward to you help!

Edited by R6n350GT

seems like pretty good price from USA to me for 1.35 Cubic meters i could expect to pay 3 times the freight price alone form japan.

as long as customs dont try sting you which i think they will, they kept me 30mins after arriving in Brisbane airport with a center tailshaft bearing for a Soarer and charged me $17 GST on it before they would let me go.

Edited by PRIMO

customs are going to get you on that. last time I brought something in that size I was hit with an extra $400. speak to interport in murrarie about clearing it and work from there. that is who I use to bring items in from japan/US when I am not using EMS to do it.

Thanks i will look up interport.

VLS said they spoke to their broker about the parts and if it would incur duty/gst and they said not based on what and how much ($950) the package is based on.

What does size matter with customs? Another friend on here used rolyleahycustomimports and didnt pay anything and he brought almost exact same parts.

Thanks i will look up interport.

VLS said they spoke to their broker about the parts and if it would incur duty/gst and they said not based on what and how much ($950) the package is based on.

What does size matter with customs? Another friend on here used rolyleahycustomimports and didnt pay anything and he brought almost exact same parts.

to be honest you are looking at this (and hte details) way too hard. pick a customs/clearance agent and work from there. don't go into so much detail trying to save $5. interport here in brissy are pretty much where its at and most of the local brokers use them to clear incoming frieght anyway.

if someone says globelink - run the other direction.

primo pretty much has it in a nutshell. bring stuff in and get taxed. there's not a easy way around it. he's more than used to the system as am I. both of us do the import thing on a daily basis. (mine is parts, his is cars.)