SAU Community

Yellow Sticker? Take Your Car Here

projectx

Failed for

Dirt in the engine bay

Riip in seat

No permit for coilovers

No permit for imaginary HID's I dont even have.

1 uncovered hole in the boot from removing spoiler

Tint to dark

Club stickers on windows

f*king bullshit things on the list

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't quote from my phone but yep, what a load of shit!

Engine bay - degrease it & tidy up what you can

Seat - put a seat cover over it, "problem" solved

Coilovers - about the only thing they got right, the ONLY way you can get permits is by having suspension you can't adjust. As in lower it so it's still legal, and then molest it with brackets etc so you can't change it. Much easier to just put stock suspension on for it

Headlights - wtf? Guessing you have globes like mine that are on a lot of cars these days that have that effect, but still nowhere near as bright. I would have told him to eat a dick at this point

Spoiler hole - fill it, cover it, whatever

Tint - unless it's obviously legal, take it off. I don't think they actually test it when you go & just go off what they see, so any tint they may just fail. Go somewhere like tko to check it if you need to

Stickers - lolololol, this is where I would have told him to keep on chugging. Stickers are only illegal if they impair vision I believe, and considering club stickers are usually small who knows what happens with the commodores with full rear windscreen UNIT/FOX/COMPLETE TOSSER stickers

I'd like to know where you got your facts about the non-adjustable suspension?

That certainly was the case some years ago but is not now

I have owned several cars approved for modifications and engineered with fully adjustable coilovers including base and spring adjust

Edited by PIG_31

That was from when I was getting permits for my old car, unless they have changed it in the last couple of years that was from chasing regulations about everything. I had 8/9 inspections all up from one sticker, had the coilovers in for a few of them and some passed them (each inspector is different), others failed them straight away for that reason

Ah okay cool, yep you shouldn't have any issues at all now.

Probably the only one is some inspectors will let them pass at pits without a permit, some will make you get a permit for them.

The usual other side of the hand thing at the pits.

I think the original idea was to ease the back log at licencing centres from all the hail damaged cars coming through.

Nope it was due to the O'Connor Vehicle Examination Centre shutting down.

Sorry for my delayed reply

I passed pits at welshpool with ease. Took the car there and all the inspector did was check the headlights were normal lights. Diddn't pop the hood or look under the car.. I fitted a seat cover, put yellow globes in and removed the tint/stickers..

Adjustable collies are legal and do not require permits as long as ground clearance is above 100mm. This all coming from the mouth of the inspector. Also fmic, pod, exhaust and most other basic mods do not require permits.. Happy hunting guys

Also just thought I should comment here with my experience from today. Mates R31 got stickered for a loud exhaust so we put the stock exhaust back on and took it to ANG. The bloke failed him for too high an idle (800 rpm), hole in rear parcel shelf, different coloured dash lights, small tear in seat-belt (fair enough), and stove-top tail lights.

DO NOT take your car to this bunch for inspections, this guy is a farkin miserable twat.

Also just thought I should comment here with my experience from today. Mates R31 got stickered for a loud exhaust so we put the stock exhaust back on and took it to ANG. The bloke failed him for too high an idle (800 rpm), hole in rear parcel shelf, different coloured dash lights, small tear in seat-belt (fair enough), and stove-top tail lights.

DO NOT take your car to this bunch for inspections, this guy is a farkin miserable twat.

Thats just ridiculous, too high idle, lol 800 rpm is morso the stock rpm for the R31. and stove top lights (Afterburners), WHAT!!!!!,again, thats shocking, considering they are r31 lights to begin with, did he provide a reason as to why those lights failed? or is he just a douche in general and just plainly said they failed?

Sorry for my delayed reply

I passed pits at welshpool with ease. Took the car there and all the inspector did was check the headlights were normal lights. Diddn't pop the hood or look under the car.. I fitted a seat cover, put yellow globes in and removed the tint/stickers..

Adjustable collies are legal and do not require permits as long as ground clearance is above 100mm. This all coming from the mouth of the inspector. Also fmic, pod, exhaust and most other basic mods do not require permits.. Happy hunting guys

holy crap, i wish i didnt post this now!

When i went there he seemed like the most easy going guy in the world...

Guess it still comes back to the car at the end of the day..

angelo was a total NOB

failed me aslo on the smallest stupid shit and got lots of things wrong like the tyres that had 4mm of tread and he said they were illegal and needed to be replaced!!

he couldnt even show me were the problems were he just gave me a list and prity much shuved me out the door oh after they sconned me for another inspection fee!!

not gona go into it all but the bottom line is i am NEVER going back there again and anyone with a yelow sticker steer away from that place its bull shit failed me 2 times and then i went to LONE PINE MECHANICAL in rockingham and they pased me first time after i went to A N G, didnt change a thing after they failed me for the second time

Yeh that's it hey. He doesn't go through anything with you, he just gives you a list and points you to where you can hand your money over. "Too busy" to answer any questions as well.