SAU Community

Another Rb25 R32 Thread

what alterations did you have to make to the wiring harness to get the motor running and the cluster reading correctly?

wiring harness was done by a workshop

to get the cluster/speedo working you need to use a navara sender. if you search there should be a few write ups on how it's done.

Couple of shots of the car from the Downshift meet last weekend. Car is currently just waiting on new set of wheels and a wheel alignment and then it's ready to finally roll. R33 front lca's are in, as well as new rear wheel bearings, rear traction arms and some pineapples to stiffen the rear end up.

534935_387061434645957_231393126879456_1416927_1149107809_n.jpg

460172_310457425686131_136870619711480_803434_562745731_o.jpg

427890_387061204645980_231393126879456_1416925_134349557_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

with regards to your leaking sunroof, have you considered removing the glass/winding mechanism etc and replacing it with (slightly curved)perpex, any capable windscreen place should be able to do it

• 1 month later...

Recaros are sold and got a r32 gtr passenger seat in the car and an old school Bride recliner drivers seat.

The Bride seat is absolutely fantastic. Massive improvement over the Recaros

Will give the car a wash and then take some hard parked shots later in the week.

Forgot to say, had the car serviced and re-tuned down from 16psi to 360rwhp at 14psi.

Clutch is going to need replacing soon and with my crappy tyres I still have no traction till 4th, so 14psi may buy me a few more weeks on the clutch.

Good stuff mate Im doing the 25 in my 32 too.. might try the gtr reo bar as well if you think it made much of a difference

You can see the difference in how it sat if you look at earlier photos.

With the gtr reo it sits perfectly

Cheers. Always thought the car was a bit untidy and half finished, but I take that as a compliment.

Had a work appointment close to home last week so decided to take it out for a spin instead of the work car so took a few hard parked shots while I was a bit idle

006eae1d.jpg

1f9805dd.jpg

502beec0.jpg

Then that same evening on my way home from basketball the clutch pedal dropped down to the floor and I could not get it into gear. Had a look and most likely the master or slave have failed as there was no fluid

So while I waited for my friendly RACQ towtruck to arrive, took the front bumper off so it's easier to get the car on the truck

14c4f870.jpg

It's not a big issue or expensive, just have no time at the present to fix it, which is a shame as I was hoping to make it out to the downshift meet on Saturday

There should be a lot more progress in the second half of the year as the car will finally have a secure garage to park in at the end of this month, or the start of next, so I will finally have some secure room to do some work

Step one will be to finish stripping the interior completely and sort out the sunroof

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate, that car looks awesome. I was looking at doing this build myself (basically reshelling my current R33 into a 32) and I have been doing heaps of research on it. It seems that the biggest problem is the drivetrain as Im going to keep the R33 gearbox. I have a few questions about your set up, How much did the custom tailshaft cost, and how reliable has it been? I've just heard a lot of bad stories about the single piece tail shaft

Wow I think I now have a direction to head in with my R32 gtst. Will definitely keep reading this build thread! Thanks for the inspiration, you're car is sweet!

Wow I think I now have a direction to head in with my R32 gtst. Will definitely keep reading this build thread! Thanks for the inspiration, you're car is sweet!

Thanks mate.

Hey mate, that car looks awesome. I was looking at doing this build myself (basically reshelling my current R33 into a 32) and I have been doing heaps of research on it. It seems that the biggest problem is the drivetrain as Im going to keep the R33 gearbox. I have a few questions about your set up, How much did the custom tailshaft cost, and how reliable has it been? I've just heard a lot of bad stories about the single piece tail shaft

Haven't personally heard of any issues around single piece tail shafts. Mine has been faultless since the conversion, and I have been running nearly 400rwhp for the last two years, without issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...