SAU Community

Thinking Of Doing A Runner From A Booze Bus?

W0rp3D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im going to hell for this.

looks like..

he had

a smashing long weekend

*puts on glasses*

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

seriously though.

drink drivers bring shit like this upon themselves...

rip dead dude

He would of got home safely if the police hadn't of chased him.

Poor guy... R.I.P.

He would have gotten home safely if he had stopped at the booze bus, its his own fault, don't feel one bit sorry fire there idiot, his family and friends are the ones suffering because he made a f**ktard decision to run, don't blame the cops, take away there powers to pursue and we will have anarchy.

He would have gotten home safely if he had stopped at the booze bus, its his own fault, don't feel one bit sorry fire there idiot, his family and friends are the ones suffering because he made a f**ktard decision to run, don't blame the cops, take away there powers to pursue and we will have anarchy.

Perhaps he was a regular who got harassed by the police and was trying to avoid getting defect?

Perhaps he was a regular who got harassed by the police and was trying to avoid getting defect?

Still not a reason to doing a runner from a cop with emergency lights on, running a red light on a busy road, doing twice the speed limit, etc. There is no excuse for this.

Sympathy for the driver, there have been a lot of people lately avoiding cops and doing runners - maybe it's time the police took a different approach to the situation. It's clear things aren't working, wonder how many more people are going to die before things change.

R.I.P.

And?

Avoiding a defect is a good reason to risk the lifes of everyone around you?

How about selling the car? everyone knows what the go is in vic with this situation, if your gonna be a f**ktard and do a runner because you dont want a defect notice then either make your car legal or go buy a f**king daewoo, how ever you put it there is no reason to be in that situation and leave everyone who loved him with there lifes ripped to shreads because of one f**ktard decision!

Edited by W0rp3D

And?

Avoiding a defect is a good reason to risk the lifes of everyone around you?

How about selling the car? everyone knows what the go is in vic with this situation, if your gonna be a f**ktard and do a runner because you dont want a defect notice then either make your car legal or go buy a f**king daewoo, how ever you put it there is no reason to be in that situation and leave everyone who loved him with there lifes ripped to shreads because of one f**ktard decision!

5 people have died already from police pursuits in Vic. There was a head on collision in Vic where someone coming the other way was hit head on.

Why don't the police just get the number plate and pay them a visit..... rather than chasing them and putting everyone at risk when there are other cars around?

Lots of motorists drive like twats...but there must be other means than chasing them when that has the potential to FURTHER endanger peoples lives.

Edited by vtecricer

And how do you do that when the plates or the car has been stolen, or unregistered or the owner Denys all knowledge and claims to be in bed and had no idea if the car was stolen and returned, if you really think that is going to work then you live in fantasy land.

Think about it, for all the cops know this guy is running because they just killed/ kidnapped some one and the body was in the boot, would you like to be told "yeah we saw him but didn't go after him coz we were gonna have a chat to him later, sorry your girlfriend was killed before he came home for a chat"

Edited by W0rp3D

You want ways to stop people running from the cops, how about mandatory 12 months jail, that would get people thinking twice before they did a runner

You want ways to stop people running from the cops, how about mandatory 12 months jail, that would get people thinking twice before they did a runner

And it would also get them driving twice as fast if they did do a runner, and taking more drastic measures to get away.

I just think through such a busy area...the officers in the unmarked should have been more stealth and followed him and then turned on the sirens when there wasnt busy intersections etc around.

Either way, his choice to run from the police cost him his life. Quite a bigger price of pay than a defect fine or DUI.

I know for a fact, that I'd much rather not being coming the other way when a speeding driver is trying to flee from a police car.

Edited by vtecricer

What busy area, it was 6:30am on a public holiday, if it was busy he would have taken other people out, and lets not forget that the cops who you are saying caused the accident were in pursuit for 37 seconds.

What busy area, it was 6:30am on a public holiday, if it was busy he would have taken other people out, and lets not forget that the cops who you are saying caused the accident were in pursuit for 37 seconds.

Oh okay, didn't realise it wasn't busy. Just looked like a main street to me.

Well no, ultimately he was the one behind the wheel who lost control...but the police chasing him was the reason he was going so fast, just like the booze bus was the reason he did a U-turn. Obviously, this was due to the fact he must of had a reason to want to get away.

I just think they should have tried to be a bit more stealth. I mean, he did a U-turn to avoid a booze bus....so police would of known if they put the sirens on he was going to gun it.

I just feel stealth would of been more appropriate due to the fact he was "spooked" and was obviously wreckless in trying to get away.

Edited by vtecricer

Don't drive the car then if that's the case. I love my Line, but I know the risks and issues associated with driving one. It's all part of it. Simple. Don't expect to drive an import, modified or not and not have some legal issues with the fuzz along the way. Right or wrong that's the way it is.

Oh okay, didn't realise it wasn't busy. Just looked like a main street to me.

Maybe you need to read the story then, also add in that the cops were apparently 500 meters behind him when he crashed and the pursuit lasted all of 37 seconds

Well no, ultimately he was the one behind the wheel who lost control...but the police chasing him was the reason he was going so fast, just like the booze bus was the reason he did a U-turn. Obviously, this was due to the fact he must of had a reason to want to get away.

But for what reason, it could have been simply dui or some thing a lot worse

I just think they should have tried to be a bit more stealth. I mean, he did a U-turn to avoid a booze bus....so police would of known if they put the sirens on he was going to gun it.

Have you seen "highway patrol" most people pull over once they know they have been spotted and the cops are behind them.

Also lets have a look at the facts, people are up in arms because there has been 5 fatal police pusuits in the last 6 months, there were 716 pusuits in 2011, 5 out of 716 is a very small number, there were 658 in 2010 with no fatalities.