SAU Community

Wednesday Night Drags - 15 Feb

Bren444

G'day all

I have time off work to finally take my "finished" R34 down the quater on 15th Feb so thought I'd see if anyone is interested?

Let me know for those interested in meeting up down there.

Would be great to get a group of skylines to try and put a few V8's back in their box ;-)

http://www.motorplex.com.au/news.php?newsid=788&g=9&pg=drag

Cheers,

Brendan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I'm just about ready for another blast.. payed for the SS license so might aswell get some runs out thumbsup.gif

come on there must be more peeps that want to race and see what their car can do ???

maybe if we call it a "cruise" we'll get more interest whistling.gif

Here, here Richard!

Look forward to finally meeting you and hearing that 33 roar!

Surely we can get a good turn out this time - come on people it's not about what time you do, it's about getting amongst it, making some beautiful RB noise and having some fun in my opinion!

Here, here Richard!

Look forward to finally meeting you and hearing that 33 roar!

Surely we can get a good turn out this time - come on people it's not about what time you do, it's about getting amongst it, making some beautiful RB noise and having some fun in my opinion!

Hmmmmm very tempting fellas, new clutch is now bedded in so might try join you two :yes:

Cool...

if its not bedded in properly know, it will be by the time you drive home on wednesday thumbsup.gif

Baaahhhh! Always bad timing! Car not quite ready yet - but I'll come down with some Pom-Poms and support the team!

Just finished installing the new suspension and tidying up a bit so I'm good to go ;-)

Look forward to catching up/meeting you all there fellas!

Wes - you and I have much goss to catch up on

Edited by Bren444

Just finished installing the new suspension and tidying up a bit so I'm good to go ;-)

Look forward to catching up/meeting you all there fellas!

Wes - you and I have much goss to catch up on

I hope its a nice soft set-up to allow it to squat.

rich's gtr has a very sexy roar to it you will not be disappointed to hear it. i need a new flywheel and clutch kit for one car and basically a motor rebuild on the other

rich's gtr has a very sexy roar to it you will not be disappointed to hear it. i need a new flywheel and clutch kit for one car and basically a motor rebuild on the other

Thats a bugger Michael, I have a couple of worn-out clutches in the shed, one has the standard flywheel if you are wanting one...?

And Matt, is there a Tutu with those pom poms :woot:

I hope its a nice soft set-up to allow it to squat.

Well I've raised the rear height and it's on the softest setting but it's still pretty stiff so see how it goes.

I already had a bilstein sports kit which I've just replaced and that was a pretty good set up so I don't think there will be a huge difference with the race kit.

Might see if I can tee up a skid switch between now n then so I can practice doing warm up skids!!!:D

ah the 32 worship.gif

Pretty sure warmup skids are only of benefit if your running drag rubber unsure.gif somebody correct me if I'm wrong,

from my experience, once normal road tyres are hot, the grip goes down hill..

Hey but still fun yes.gif

yep this has been my experience, especially on the track, once hot they are useless, heres what I found after a bit of Googling:

Burnouts are traditionally used to warm up a car’s tires before a drag race. Warming up the tires makes the rubber softer increasing traction and also cleans the tires of road debris like gravel – further increasing traction. Slicks or drag radials are needed for a burnout to have noticeable results on the track, as burnouts using street tires do little more than make smoke and destroy rubber.

All depends on many things.. Try it with and without, you normally get enough runs to try a few different ways of doing it. Personally I liked ~20psi in my tyres and a little spin, but then it was just good fun too. :D

As much as I would like to get back down there since the rules have changed, unfortunately my car doesn't want to hold power steering fluid anymore.. just one more thing to fix.

http://www.motorplex.com.au/media/docs/STREET_REGULATIONS_Final_291111.pdf

Street cars originally fitted with four wheel disc brakes and air bags can now go down to 10.00 without the loop, licence etc. Looks like my 32 can go down to 10.50 same, no airbag. Before it was lower than 12.00 that I was asked to leave.

Yep the fun bit, that's the key to me :rofl:

Have managed to fit one up tonight, so will be doing skids for fun whethers theres benefit or not! Looking fwd to it.

Brendan you can do warmup skids matey - no excuse!

Hell yeeeeeeaaaahh! baha I am all about making RB noise my friend ;-)

I'm hoping you fellas will be impressed with my new exhaust set up - It's the loudest non GT-R I've heard without an external waste gate.