SAU Community

Wednesday Night Drags - 15 Feb

Bren444

http://www.motorplex.com.au/media/docs/STREET_REGULATIONS_Final_291111.pdf

Street cars originally fitted with four wheel disc brakes and air bags can now go down to 10.00 without the loop, licence etc. Looks like my 32 can go down to 10.50 same, no airbag. Before it was lower than 12.00 that I was asked to leave.

Wow that's a massive change and a out time they got with the times. Of course it was bound to happen after I payed the $150 for a SS license ?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time everyone planning on getting there?

Should grab a few pit bays together before the first run to dump tools and shit? This is probably a good way to meet and greet for those that don't know each other too.

What time everyone planning on getting there?

Should grab a few pit bays together before the first run to dump tools and shit? This is probably a good way to meet and greet for those that don't know each other too.

Good idea, I'll try and be there around 5.30-6. traffic is a bitch going down there closedeyes.gif

everyone got SAUWA stickers ?

Guy in white on white 4door I met on Leach... I have a spare open face helmet if you want to come down. Not sure if it will pass though, I am using my motorbike helmet which I know is ok. Depending on how small your head is, I have a spare full face, but it's very small. Your call :]

Well you didn't reply so I didn't bring it.

hey man,

derp, just pmd you... >.<

my helmet is british accredited so no good I think?

haha all good

good luck with the runs

Edited by C BOMB

Good to meet some SAUWA guys last night :thumbsup:

with the new rules now, there was fast cars there, saw quite few deep in the 10's.. not any Skylines :closedeyes:

thought I'd try it with semi slicks. felt like a rocket after a bit of spin but still only 1.9, 60 foots >_< I can't work it out I was running more boost and car felt good, but still couldn't match my previous best with less boost on a 34degree night :huh:

best I got last night was 11.60 @ 122mph :ermm:

spoke to a proper drag racer down there who said the strong head wind and very high humidity, has quite an effect on everything, ( like I said tho, still other guys running 10's )

anyway back to the same spot tonight for the Mcrae Rally Sprint, more suited to my setup,.

How'd the rest of you guys end up ? Wesley, Bren444 ? I had one run after the burnouts and left while I still had some clutch left for tonight.. saw you guys were still lining up for more runs ?

Good to meet some SAUWA guys last night :thumbsup:

with the new rules now, there was fast cars there, saw quite few deep in the 10's.. not any Skylines :closedeyes:

thought I'd try it with semi slicks. felt like a rocket after a bit of spin but still only 1.9, 60 foots pinch.gif I can't work it out I was running more boost and car felt good, but still couldn't match my previous best with less boost on a 34degree night :huh:

best I got last night was 11.60 @ 122mph :ermm:

spoke to a proper drag racer down there who said the strong head wind and very high humidity, has quite an effect on everything, ( like I said tho, still other guys running 10's )

anyway back to the same spot tonight for the Mcrae Rally Sprint, more suited to my setup,.

How'd the rest of you guys end up ? Wesley, Bren444 ? I had one run after the burnouts and left while I still had some clutch left for tonight.. saw you guys were still lining up for more runs ?

Hey Richard

Excellent to meet you last night and your car was everything I expected except I think the noise was even more "eargasmic" haha

Possibly the best sounding car I have ever heard!

I ended up getting down to 13.4 but I couldn't agree more with you mate - I was running extra boost/horsepower with way better tyres than last time and I only beat my pb by 0.1 of a second :-(

Got some absolutely awesome videos of all of us thanks to my mate with my video cam.

Even got footage of your best run and even the run u and I had together in which our cars sound f**kin amazing roaring off together ;-)

Richard and Wesley: I'm having trouble getting the vid's in a state to e-mail through or to upload so if you's would like to come around to my place in Cloverdale, we can put the vids on your thumb drive or perhaps I can make up a dvd to give to you if yas want?

Wes: I got your 12.3 sec run too ;-) Not sure if you ended up quicker than that?

Look forward to catching up with you's in the near future. It's good to know there is some more moddest and mature blokes out there with skylines ;-)

Bring on the track work again I say!

Cheers

Brendan

Hey Richard

Excellent to meet you last night and your car was everything I expected except I think the noise was even more "eargasmic" haha

Possibly the best sounding car I have ever heard!

I ended up getting down to 13.4 but I couldn't agree more with you mate - I was running extra boost/horsepower with way better tyres than last time and I only beat my pb by 0.1 of a second :-(

Got some absolutely awesome videos of all of us thanks to my mate with my video cam.

Even got footage of your best run and even the run u and I had together in which our cars sound f**kin amazing roaring off together ;-)

Richard and Wesley: I'm having trouble getting the vid's in a state to e-mail through or to upload so if you's would like to come around to my place in Cloverdale, we can put the vids on your thumb drive or perhaps I can make up a dvd to give to you if yas want?

Wes: I got your 12.3 sec run too ;-) Not sure if you ended up quicker than that?

Look forward to catching up with you's in the near future. It's good to know there is some more moddest and mature blokes out there with skylines ;-)

Bring on the track work again I say!

Cheers

Brendan

Cheers Brendan

good work getting vids, I'll pm you and see if we can't sort that out and post a vid up..:thumbsup:

Enjoyed the other night fellas, was good to meet ya'll.

Best for me for the night was as Brendan mentioned a 12.369 after the burnouts which I was happy enough with. Like to think the big girl would have enough in her to drop into the 11's with some decent rubber and some more practice. Also positive for me was to hear that my 60 foots were matching your 1.9's Rich and I had shit old Bridgies verse you running the nice wide semi's!

Great work on the Vids Brendan, would love to see them as they must be better than the shite I-phone ones my bro got. Might give ya a bell tonight and swing by and throw them on a thumby if your around. Can show you my new wheels as well :thumbsup:

Wes

Best for me for the night was as Brendan mentioned a 12.369 after the burnouts which I was happy enough with. Like to think the big girl would have enough in her to drop into the 11's with some decent rubber and some more practice. Also positive for me was to hear that my 60 foots were matching your 1.9's Rich and I had shit old Bridgies verse you running the nice wide semi's!

Great work on the Vids Brendan, would love to see them as they must be better than the shite I-phone ones my bro got. Might give ya a bell tonight and swing by and throw them on a thumby if your around. Can show you my new wheels as well :thumbsup:

Wes

yeah thought I'd try the semi's, wasn't any better than when I ran on street tyrespinch.gif wrong sort of tyre, really need M/T's to get good 60' .. 1.9 is very average for us..

A mate I saw the following night told me about when he got it all right and nailed a 1.59 , not on drag rubber in a GTR R32 worship.gif thats where its at ... nail one of them and that will get you into the 11's thumbsup.gif and me into the elusive 10's

Wes

Give me a buzz Wes and we'll organise a time for you to come around.

New wheels sound exciting!

I should be free tomorrow. Maybe you and Richard can meet up here then and we'll do the videos.

Stoked about the website pic's haha

Wow that's a massive change and a out time they got with the times. Of course it was bound to happen after I payed the $150 for a SS license

According to the website you still need a SS licence if your car is quicker then 11.99 and slower then 11.00 - just not all the other requirements that you used to need.

http://www.motorplex...index.php?id=45 - scroll right to the bottom.