SAU Community

Wheel Refurb/repair?

pipster11

Hey guys

Just wondering where i should go, i did a bit of damage to one of my rs8's before leaving qld for tas (didn't do up wheel nuts and the wheel came off, on a roundabout, and the diff/brakes did a full lap around the inside of the rim, and the studs took a small chunk out of the mounting face)

i was originally thinking about getting new outers (2-piece rim, 1 of the fronts is apparently buckled) for the fronts and getting the 7's changed for some 9's

it would also be nice to get the gutter rash cleaned up on all the wheels

i tried to pull the wheel appart but they must have heated the outer and shrink fitted it on, dam japs

SO IN SUMMARY (if you dont want to read all that^^^^)

Fix the scar around the inside of the rear wheel

Change the front outers from 7's to 9's

make the 8's (currently the rears) the front wheels

Fix all the gutter rash

Who do you think can do this?

thats actually ok i guess, im slowly putting the stock wheels back on (will hopefully make roadworthy a bit easier)

looks like someone has been at my springs tho, passenger side is only just captive at full droop and springs measure 12.2mm diam. and i counted 9 coils

drivers side measures at 12.4mm and 11 coils :(

looks like im on a search for my old, dead shocks (left in a shed somewhere on campus)

thats actually ok i guess, im slowly putting the stock wheels back on (will hopefully make roadworthy a bit easier)

looks like someone has been at my springs tho, passenger side is only just captive at full droop and springs measure 12.2mm diam. and i counted 9 coils

drivers side measures at 12.4mm and 11 coils :(

looks like im on a search for my old, dead shocks (left in a shed somewhere on campus)

i got some aswell if you dont find yours mate :thumbsup: Oh and i will have a look at work for some 235/45's, should have a few lying around

Edited by stef_1991

if all else fails i'll chop 2 coils out of the other one to match, the ride height is actually pretty good on the shorter side lol

can't believe i never noticed the lean tho

now i just have to get my ass into gear and get some shifts at work :(