SAU Community

New M35 Owner In Adelaide!

Glitch

I think in reality any a/market dump pipe will give you an increase over the factory unit. One factor is that the bellmouth will fit ALL a/market turbo upgrades running the same flange pattern.

But each worm to their own. ?

So Scotty, you fit that GTX in keeping the same dump pipe? :whistling:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've opened that can of worms before, and I don't believe anyone has ever been able to prove either way?

Spoke to Andrew about it, and it sounds like a good Bellmouth beats a crap split, and vice versa.

He has found merging the gases later works better - and I can't argue with him. Power and boost increases I saw on the dyno backs him up.

We have had that discussion before. :)

Split would work well if you merge the screamer in just before the cat into a larger pipe imo, even better with an external gate. Its all down to the flow capabilities at the end of the day and my dump is 3.5 inch verses the 2.5 of Andrew's before the wastegate opens.

I have started on the 0.82 stainless housing mods for mine, the GTX3076 has the same housings as the GTX3071 so it will fit, and flow more than the GT35 according to the compressor flow graph.

post-63525-0-23899700-1329639956_thumb.jpg

post-63525-0-47965700-1329639969_thumb.jpg

I got a full custom exhaust from the dump pipe back custom made by my local guy who's done work on all my cars and a few mates cars for only $1130.

3" stanless steel with Xforce 100 cell cat, resonator and muffler.

as for quality and sound its fricken awesome, just ask the boys, Craig, Dale, Iain and Andy they've all seen it up on a hoyst and heard it running.

as my guy said to me even if you buy an exhaust kit you'll most likely have to spend a few hundred just getting it modified and/or mounted onto the car anyway......... so i just chose to support him cos i knew he could do what i wanted.

You missed the bit where I said "same flange"! External gate V band is not the same flange!

Must have missed the dyno results too...

Scotty, hurry up and finish your setup! That way I can buy one set of injectors rather than buying one set now, and upgrading later! Get the Fcon tuned yet?

Scotty, hurry up and finish your setup! That way I can buy one set of injectors rather than buying one set now, and upgrading later! Get the Fcon tuned yet?

No mate, I was waiting for you... to send me a copy of your map. :)

Whats the issue with going to 1000's off the bat?

No mate, I was waiting for you... to send me a copy of your map. :)

Whats the issue with going to 1000's off the bat?

Lol righto, better get on it then.

No issue going 1000s off the bat as long as they'll be happy at ~50%. Once I've done that I'll be looking at keeping it as is for a few months then drop a turbo in.

My wife and I decided, after some words were thrown about that thankfully bubs couldn't hear whist "baking" away, that regardless of whether they take the car or not we would begin the sensible shift to a wagon to fit bubs and the two dogs.

Hi

Now I've got even more bad news for you. Contrary to popular belief, bubs "baking" away can hear what you say even whilst in the "oven". Thats how they know who you are as they can hear the sound of your voice, and hence they bond with you later on! Hope it doesn't ruin your day too much!! :3some:

Hi

Now I've got even more bad news for you. Contrary to popular belief, bubs "baking" away can hear what you say even whilst in the "oven". Thats how they know who you are as they can hear the sound of your voice, and hence they bond with you later on! Hope it doesn't ruin your day too much!! :3some:

Hahaha, nah havent ruined anything, though I argue the point as they only develop their hearing when they are around 20weeks. We found out about the car when bubs was around the 10-12wk mark so very unlikely that they heard anything. =)

It's certainly reacting to voices and sounds now as it dances around when the Mrs plays certain bands/groups. Whether its dancing in distaste or enjoyment is often argued, haha :bunny:

Just got confirmation that to get the Fujitsubo Legalis landed will be around $1,499 (but no more). That's a bit for a cat-back system where there is turbo-back options available for $1,570 locally. Almost seems like a no-brainer to go with the local options...

Opinions? :huh:

Just got confirmation that to get the Fujitsubo Legalis landed will be around $1,499 (but no more). That's a bit for a cat-back system where there is turbo-back options available for $1,570 locally. Almost seems like a no-brainer to go with the local options...

Opinions? :huh:

The obvious thing would be to "Audition" the local offering if you're not too far away; that way you could confirm/eliminate it as an option without having to spend anything.

I have a Legalis; and I love it. I only paid $950 for mine, so it was a pretty easy decision.

Who was that price through? I'm sure people on here have paid closer to $1k through Jesse Streeter. Seems a lot...

Yeah, i agree that it seems a little high... The quote was through TurboAlpha imports and was a worst case, landed scenario. I might contact Jesse Streeter and see whether he can provide a landed quote.

The obvious thing would be to "Audition" the local offering if you're not too far away; that way you could confirm/eliminate it as an option without having to spend anything.

I have a Legalis; and I love it. I only paid $950 for mine, so it was a pretty easy decision.

Auditioning may not be a bad idea, thanks Dale. Curious, was $950 landed or just the purchase price? If its landed and I can get a similar deal then the decision would be an easy one to make =)