SAU Community

New M35 Owner In Adelaide!

Glitch

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a nifty sight for tracking the transport ship, once I was advised of the details. Turns out I knew when the boat was leaving and due to arrive this side of the pond before the Agent/brokers...ph34r.gif

www.shipspotting.com

10days and it hits Brisbane.

Edit:

The link doesnt seem to wanna stick... Try this one, if you're interested - www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1268559

Edited by Glitch

Found a nifty sight for tracking the transport ship, once I was advised of the details. Turns out I knew when the boat was leaving and due to arrive this side of the pond before the Agent/brokers...ph34r.gif

www.shipspotting.com

Edit:

The link doesnt seem to wanna stick... Try this one, if you're interested - www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=1268559

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ is that site without all the other shit attached. Its just AIS tracking based on IMO #'s. Used it for work for a while.

www.shipspotting.com

Edit:

Just to clarify, we generally don't let customers know about shipping dates until we have the shipping documents in our email inbox - occasionally cars can get bumped until the following boat due to lack of space, so it's better to wait rather than get people's hopes up ;)

Just to clarify, we generally don't let customers know about shipping dates until we have the shipping documents in our email inbox - occasionally cars can get bumped until the following boat due to lack of space, so it's better to wait rather than get people's hopes up ;)

Import agent disclaimer: car may arrive later than claimed. :nyaanyaa:

Makes sense and completely understandable; I honestly let my impatience get the better of me on this occasion.

Still getting brilliant service from the Iron Chef crew thumbsup.gif

• 4 months later...

Good evening all, long time no post. Obviously, I've been kept rather busy with the new addition to the family but thought it was time enough to get back into the swing of it all. Due to small renos on the home, the money I was hoping to throw into the Stag, which we've had for nearly 4 months now, has all been re-appropriated and used elsewhere... yay. However, tax time is here and I’ve decided that whatever I can re-coup from Mr Tax Man will be directed towards getting the Fujitsubo in from Japan and finally getting Scotty's Dump pipe installed too.

I've got a couple Q's regarding the Stag at the moment but could certainly list off a few more but think I’ll go easy at this time =) Firstly, how the heck does one get access to the Reverse light globes? I've taken off all the trim on the boot door only to find a hard plastic cover over everything with no direct cable or holder to the globes within. Is it a case of dismantling it all further to get access? I was attempting access one afternoon whilst giving the car a good clean but ran out of sunlight before I could take it any further. Secondly, I'm noticing that the ATTESSA pump is priming at every start and almost every second set of stop lights and wanted to know whether this was normal. I haven’t had a chance to check the fluid levels (nor have I confirmed where the reserve is) but thought that I might ask while I'm here.

Another thing I might mention is that I've been looking at installing a reverse camera as the Wife isn’t too confident about parallel parking anymore and have found an almost DIRECT REPLACEMENT for the existing number plate light on the vehicle. Most people have been recommending either the X-Trail or Dualis camera's and making plates to cover any gaps as the units are shorter/thinner than the original and I wanted to find something closer to what we have. After extensively searching eBay for a suitable replacement, I stumbled upon a replacement for the Renault Koleos which is nearly identical in dimensions and fits PERFECTLY in the space the original used.

The only Modification required was to turn the camera around the other way, which was achieved via undoing the 4 screws holding it to the plastic and then the 2 holding the base of the camera on the unit. I simply turned the base around 180deg and put it all back together again.

I’m currently waiting to receive a set of Wireless transmitters so I won’t have to route any cable through difficult spots and the total cost was less than the wireless X-trail units on eBay. All in all, pretty chuffed with the find.

As far as the car is concerned, it’s absolutely brilliant. Both Vince from the compliance and Troy from Iron Chef where fantastic and would highly recommend them and their services to all. I’ve been advised that the car has Nismo Suspension and not just springs, but again I haven’t had a chance to get under it and have a proper look. It also has Auto Dip mirrors and some little aftermarket button in the driver’s foot well, which I have no idea what it does. It definitely needs a good detail as well as a cut and polish as I cant stand how dirty it gets so soon after washing and reckon a good coat of wax and sealer will help.

Eventually I’d love to get my hands on the chassis braces being made up as well as some sway-bars to help stiffen Moby Dick up.

*edit: fixed grammar and layout

Edited by Glitch

You went about the reverse light the correct way, when you had the trim off there is 3 x 10mm nuts to undo then remove the complete light from the outside of the tail gate.

The problem with the attessa sounds like it could be the accumulator, this causes the system to continually pressurise as the accumulator has lost its stored pressure. A new accumulator from Nissan is $350-400 plus fitting if you can't do it your self.

I checked out your wagon while it was at Vinces, looked good.

Edited by slippylotion

Hey glitch, the aftermarket switch in the drivers foot well isn't oval by any chance?

Found one on the weekend...powers up switches a relay in the passengers kick panel.

Hi Glitch,

Thanks for info about Koleos reverse cam. I went on ebay and there are few different models. Can you drop a link on which one you went for. And also what wireless transmitters are you getting, as I am also looking into getting the reverse camera setup done... thanks in advance...

And also what wireless transmitters are you getting, as I am also looking into getting the reverse camera setup done

I've heard the wireless transmitters don't work properly sometimes. It could be a quality thing, or maybe distance to receiver. Let us know if you guys were successful.

Cheers.

I've got one of each sitting here, a Koleos cabled one and an Xtrail/350Z wireless one.

I'm fitting the Koleos one. Rather run the cable and know it's going to be 100% reliable.

Hey glitch, the aftermarket switch in the drivers foot well isn't oval by any chance?

Found one on the weekend...powers up switches a relay in the passengers kick panel.

Why yes it is! black oval with a green backlight when switched on. Any idea what the relay/switches do?

You went about the reverse light the correct way, when you had the trim off there is 3 x 10mm nuts to undo then remove the complete light from the outside of the tail gate.

The problem with the attessa sounds like it could be the accumulator, this causes the system to continually pressurise as the accumulator has lost its stored pressure. A new accumulator from Nissan is $350-400 plus fitting if you can't do it your self.

I checked out your wagon while it was at Vinces, looked good.

Thanks for the info Paul, is there a way to diagnose whether this is in fact the issue? Is the Attessa setup in the cage on the drivers side, under the boot floor?

Hi Glitch,

Thanks for info about Koleos reverse cam. I went on ebay and there are few different models. Can you drop a link on which one you went for. And also what wireless transmitters are you getting, as I am also looking into getting the reverse camera setup done... thanks in advance...

The editting in my post changed the colour of the link, but here it is again (Reverse camera Link) and the wireless transmitter is this one.

I've got one of each sitting here, a Koleos cabled one and an Xtrail/350Z wireless one.

I'm fitting the Koleos one. Rather run the cable and know it's going to be 100% reliable.

I've heard the wireless transmitters don't work properly sometimes. It could be a quality thing, or maybe distance to receiver. Let us know if you guys were successful.

Cheers.

I wasnt sure whether to wire up the Koleos one as from what I've read of Paul's writeup it can be a bit of a pain in the arse to get the cables to the Tuner... Just gotta find some time over the weekend to have a go at it, I suppose.

As it'll be hooked up to the Factory tuner, the distance issue shouldnt apply I would have thought, so it would fall to the actual quality of the product. I'll have a good look at it when it arrives and make the decision then.

I'll definitely post an update once its all done and dusted =)

I wasnt sure whether to wire up the Koleos one as from what I've read of Paul's writeup it can be a bit of a pain in the arse to get the cables to the Tuner... Just gotta find some time over the weekend to have a go at it, I suppose.

As it'll be hooked up to the Factory tuner, the distance issue shouldnt apply I would have thought, so it would fall to the actual quality of the product. I'll have a good look at it when it arrives and make the decision then.

I'll definitely post an update once its all done and dusted =)

SOFT! I'm running mine back to the head unit, as my aftermarket head unit has a reverse camera in. Ten times the fun! :D

Why yes it is! black oval with a green backlight when switched on. Any idea what the relay/switches do?

not sure, but after a couple of test i'm pretty sure its for the Two Stage Boost Cut? someone got more info on this? really need someone with some better knowledge to go over mine to tell me if any no standard option/ mods Scotty fancy a drive by and Beer??

I had a quick search on here regarding 2 stage boot cut but couldnt really see anything relevant. Can anyone clarify what it's supposed to do so that the next time I'm in the driver's seat I can give it a test?

SOFT! I'm running mine back to the head unit, as my aftermarket head unit has a reverse camera in. Ten times the fun! :D

To the front of the car, ey? I would have to concede, then, that my tuner effort is indeed soft in comparison. My headunit has reverse imput but I neither have the keys to gain access nor the patience to try to hard wire the camera to the front. I might try the wireless unit, however, if i can get to the back of it. The goal always was to utilise the stock monitor as it really doesnt serve any purpose apart from mileage at the moment.

The wiring is pretty easy. I can show you how/where to run it of you like.

That would be absolutely awesome, I just have no idea when i'll have a wknd free as I've been "hired" to help complete the renos on the house. Still alot that needs to be done at this stage. I'd be happy to drop you a line when some free time comes into view, if you're still keen... =)