SAU Community

What's to become of Mitsubishi?

Demon Dave

Read in the paper today DC are pulling out of Mitsubishi. A lot of people are saying on their own, Mitsubishi won't last more than a couple of years unless someone bails them out...was wondering what people's thought were...

their reputation in Japan has taken a big knock in recent years with a string of recalls, cover-ups and bad publicity. Can they recover? Would be a shame to see the 3 diamonds disappear...

Dave: DC said they will currently not inject more money, they haven't said anything about selling their 37% share.

As you may have also heard Mitsubishi Group is going to continue with the restructuring so things may not go complete shit, but I will be very interested to hear what my boss say about this.

Troy - have a read of Saturdays Daily Yomiuri (front page) It says, and I quote:

" DaimlerChrysler AG said Thursday it would pull out of Mitsubishi Motor Corp.....putting the Japanese firms future in doubt"

It goes on to say: " It (DC) would not provide anymore financial support to Mitsubishi, Japans only unprofitable car maker. "This clearly means separation" a DC spokesman said, adding that the company (DC) would book it's 37% stake as a discontinued business until it can find a buyer...."

that is indeed bad news. Hard to say what will happen, but if they concentrated their efforts in making more interesting cars (Evo 8 aside) then they wouldn't be in this position...

...oh sh1t!!! Here comes one of those loose Mitsubishi truck wheels! Its heading right for me!! Hahhhhhhhahhhhah:D:D

• 2 weeks later...

well here in australia we dont get the evos(only100 per year i think) and we only got a handful of GTOs which were ridiculously priced. instead we get a fwd 2litre single cam lancer pumping 70kw at the engine(or something like that), even our mirage and gsr are detuned/given a much less powerful engine. so i wouldnt really mind if they go broke