SAU Community

Hanaldo's R34 Gt(T) Skyline Build

With the 33 abs box the lines come in at the top so its literally the highest point of the whole brake system so yeah i just used standard bleeding techniques held the pedal down and cracked the line till fluid came out locked it off and then pumped it up again.....Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Well I FINALLY got around to reading the whole build thread start to finish. Pretty epic journey you have been on! It looks like it has all been worth it though. Your engine bay looks awesome!

I'm going to get the toothbrush out this weekend and get started on my engine bay haha. Not looking forward to that part of the job. I just need to do that and then get the gearbox fill and drain plugs out (some idiot has cemented them in there), then I will be ready to put the engine back into the car. I might also gather up some of the pics I have taken and put together my own build thread if I get time on the weekend.

When are you taking it back to get tuned?

Ugh, good question. Was going to book it in today, but turns out it's running like a pig. The external wastegate is permanently open, no idea why. Tried bleeding the abs again today but still not working. Tried to take it for a drive on the street to get the abs working, but the fkn thing stalls on decel. Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g0nValrfZY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It's like it's got an air leak, but it's MAP... I am in way over my head now, I'm used to AFM's, I don't know how a car works on MAP sensors. So over this now it's not funny, I just want to drive it :(

Pull the WG off and take a look at the valve, make sure the diaphragm and spring are working as they should. I'm assuming you have the same ecu so the MAP pressure source is unchanged?

It's all operating as it should when its off, but when I bolt it on its always open :/

And yes, pressure source is the same.

Right, so following advice in my thread in the Forced Induction section, I've decided the stalling issue is most likely the new cams upsetting the tune. So I will give Garage 101 a call tomorrow to see if they can fit me in before Powercruise.

In the mean time, I have this issue to sort out:

539528_10151017032382541_50209475_n.jpg

250373_10151017032577541_1667073705_n.jpg

560354_10151017032802541_1906570586_n.jpg

It would appear the valve stem has been bent, as when I removed the top half and manually open/shut the diaphragm, it feels like it runs out of length. But just before the bottom point, you can feel it drag ever so slightly, so I'm 99% sure it has been bent. I suspect it happened on start up the other day, there was a very loud backfire. A big patch of soot on the floor directly under the screamer made it evident it backfired out the wastegate. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now I'm wondering whether it caused this. And what caused it :glare:

Some good news :)

I'm very keen to hear how you go with Garage 101.

Yes, I shall let you know. So far so good, I just spoke to Danny and booked it in for the 25th (same day as my knee surgery, of course lol). He is the first tuner I have ever spoken to that asked me in detail about my setup; turbo, headgasket, head studs, ECU, internals, cams, km's, etc. etc. Even asked about the issues I had been having with it before. Spend a good 10 minutes on the phone with him. Every other tuner I've spoken to is just "yep, it's an R34? Bring it in on this date, bye".

Looking forward to it! Fingers crossed my having surgery on the same day doesn't complicate things :/

Yeh we only have 4 dealers near me, none of them keep any in stock. All say they would have to order them from Adelaide, Adelaide say they would have to order them from head office in NSW, NSW say it will take 2-3 weeks :/

I'm going to have a REAL good tidy up and look around the work space tomorrow, the thing was on when the car went in so it has to be there somewhere. I can't imagine any of us would have thrown out something like that, it's obviously a part of something. Might have fallen under a work bench somewhere, etc. If I can't find it this weekend, I'll see if anyone can lend me one.

Crans, I appreciate the offer all the same mate, thanks!