SAU Community

370Gt Compliance Brisbane

59IDR

Hi all,

new to the forum.

I am looking to import a 370GT (2008-2010) wondering if any 1 knows the cost of compliance in Brisbane (QLD). I've located 4 shops in Brisbane that do SVES compliance checks i just want to know the cost estimate.

Also how is Stamp Duty calculated in QLD? all i know is that its based on the market value.Does this include the cost of car landed?

post-93039-0-56331900-1333943112_thumb.jpg

Edited by 59IDR

• 2 weeks later...

stamp duty is based on a % of the market value. I just purchased my 350gt last week and market value was $26,000 and my stamp duty was $750.

Lucky me i changed the value of the vehicle on the bit of paper u take into department of transport to $12,000 which halved my stamp duty fee. Just be careful u don't put the value of the car to something ridiculous like $2000 or else you WILL get tracked down by the "stamp duty people" idk who they are and you'll be pretty much screwed, i guess it can be called fraud.

goodluck!

• 3 months later...

I had mine complied in Brisbane because nobody reliable/trustworthy in Sydney could do a 2009 model at the time (January 2012). The guys who did it were RAWS/Top Gear Vehicle Imports (http://www.raws.com.au) and it was on the recommendation of Prestige Motorsport, who patiently assisted me with the purchase of my vehicle when it appeared 7 months after I embarked on my search!

Bruce did a great job of it, no mucking around. His mechanic, Vasily, was equally good though he did mistakenly note down the engine serial number with one digit missing so that slowed me down a couple days for my blue slip here in NSW. Despite this, everything was well organised, the vehicle was well looked after even with the tow truck that Bruce arranged for picking up from the shipyard and all in all, they're a very accommodating bunch. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone. It was well worth the additional $600 I paid for the CEVA car carrying mob to bring him home to me.

With the necessary headlight modification, general service, fluid changes and tyres (Kumho KU31's, which I thought I'd try but they suck for my spirited driving style), I paid $3200 for the compliance. Good luck and happy bidding!