SAU Community

Track Day - 6 May 2012 Midvale Speed Dome

Dr.J

I've organised a track day at the Midvale Speed Dome.

There are up to 20 places available, but I'm looking for 16 -17 drivers.

It will be a full day and will cost $160 including lunch.

It's a short course, so it suits small quick cars, but you can drive anything you like if you think it will be competitive.

It will be an Autokhana/Superkhana style event, which essentially means driving really fast around a series of tight corners and short straights.

It will be a FULL day event, but obviously you can come and go as you please.

You will need your own, or access to the following things;

Licenced & roadworthy car

Helmet

Long sleeve shirt and pants (cotton is best)

Closed in shoes

Your car will be lightly scrutineered before you are allowed to drive it on the track.

Basically, make sure the following things are done;

Battery is secure

Seatbelts lock under tension

Tyres are not completely bald

Loose objects are removed from cabin

Your car is not falling apart

Your car is not leaking vital fluids

Cost is $160 - payable before the day.

Price will include Hot Dogs and drinks for the drivers only.

Spectators are most welcome, but will need to provide their own food and drink.

You will need to bring your own;

Seats/blankets/cushions to sit on during the day.

Sunscreen, just in case

Insect repellent, just in case.

Don't forget your tools, and spares just in case!

There's plenty of room to make a mistake, so rest assured that the worst that will happen is your car might get a little dirty.

It'll be good fun, and it'll be at mostly slower speeds, so drive at the pace that you're most comfortable with. Your times will improve the more you drive.

There's a chance of some professional instruction on the day too.

The money is non-refundable, so if you can't make it, find someone else to take your place.

Make sure your car is reliable, and will last the whole day. The price is the same whether you drive for 1 run or 20.

You may drive someone else's car (with their permission of course!), but that car will need to scrutineered also if it hasn't been already.

Lastly, the track is for everyone who is driving on the day. Each run takes about 1 minute 30 seconds.

Don't dawdle, remember who you're after in the running order, and standstills are for Motorvation.

If you're deemed to be unsafe on the track, you get 1 warning only. After that, no more driving for you.

You will need to let me know via PM or e-mail, if you intend on driving ASAP so that I can advise and pay the venue, and sort out your running order for the day.

Contact me with any questions

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

PM me with your first and last names, and what sort of car you'll be bringing/driving, and I'll put you down on the list.

Excellent. So how many entered now Dr?

Looks like 10 definites, and 5 maybes so far.

Maybes will be bumped in favour of definites! :)

For those who are considering driving in this, I already have over the required number of entrants, but not everyone has paid.

You will need to pay ASAP for this otherwise you may miss out.

I am now giving priority to those who have said they were coming first, but you have until 6pm this Wednesday (25th) to pay, otherwise I will offer your spot to someone else.

You may also bring me the money personally in Morley if you don't your payment will clear in time...