SAU Community

To Rebuild... Or Not To Rebuild?

DOUCHE.....BAAAAAAG!

That's funny coming from someone spending $6k on a RB20 rebuild for a daily driver.

scumbag-steve-meme-generator-ask-internet-question-insult-person-when-give-you-different-answer-to-what-you-had-decided-on-before-making-thread-2daf3b.jpg

Edited by Cowboy1600

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL... attack the content of the post not the poster :) This thread used to be full of interesting technical discussion and debate over results etc. Seems its all been done to death so these days threads are just waffle and attacks...to which my sometimes participation was pointed out to me over the weekend when I met some people at an event. :(

I know it's a little too late now..

but I limped my R32 gtst to a workshop (117 degree water temp the entire 110km drive there with the heater on full blast.. lol) and picked it up 2 weeks later with RB25det fitted, radiator replaced (old one had bottles of SEAL UP in it), new radiator hoses and general service done for fluids etc etc

$3400

now on 10psi, using stock ECU, probably makes I don't know.. 170rwkw?

The difference in daily drive is night and day.

I've had an R33 gtst before as well

but 25 in a 32 using 32 diff ratios is awesomesauce.

still stock RB20 box too.. it's not going to break behind a stockish RB25...

especially with me driving it.. I've had 3 old subaru turbos and never broke a box so I don't see this breaking.

Roy its his choice at the end of the day but as said everyone has voted against the rebuild including urself so thats why we are dissapointed that he didnt even think about the other options

And of course insulted people who gave advice that he didn't like.

Personally, the OP can go fornicate with himself and I hope his shitbox 32 spins a big end on the way home from the mechanic.

Over it! Didnt insult anyone, just backed my story up. Got the info I needed which helped me make my decision to rebuild on my budget. Cheers to the people that helped. f**k You to the rest :yes:

I was going to get my rb25 rebuilt, also being told about $6000. Until (thanks to people on here and elsewhere) i came to my senses and ditched the idea. From what i gathered, its not worth all the effort to only beef up portions of the motor. I was going to be leaving an old oil pump in there, an untouched valvetrain, etc. 10 grand, apparently is the minimum you should be spending if you're thinking of forging a motor.

Over it! Didnt insult anyone, just backed my story up. Got the info I needed which helped me make my decision to rebuild on my budget. Cheers to the people that helped. f**k You to the rest :yes:

Ease up.

And of course insulted people who gave advice that he didn't like.

Personally, the OP can go fornicate with himself and I hope his shitbox 32 spins a big end on the way home from the mechanic.

Pretty harsh man

By the way the HKS F-Con is a top ecu. They are not a popular buy because few tuners have the means or knowledge to tune them but since you have one if you can find a tuner within range you should keep it.

Pretty harsh man

Harsh but fair. Poor widdle Twavis comes here and asks a question so I offer advice and he calls me a douchebag.

I hope he spins a big end, drops a valve and snaps his timing belt.

Harsh but fair. Poor widdle Twavis comes here and asks a question so I offer advice and he calls me a douchebag.

I hope he spins a big end, drops a valve and snaps his timing belt.

Lol dude, the picture you posted was hardly helpful.

Lol dude, the picture you posted was hardly helpful.

Yes it was. It reiterated what I suggested he do.

He's spending $6k on rebuilding an RB 20 when for the same money he could do the same with a 25/30 or at least convert to a 25. He wouldn't have a fancy turbo hanging off the side of it, but that could come later.

If poor Twavis got butthurt by a slapdash meme which was hardly scathing, I'm not sure the internet is the place for him.

EDIT: And admit it, you'll lol'ed a little, didn't you.

Edited by Cowboy1600

And yet you seem to be rather butthurt about being called a douchebag?

I just don't see why you care. He's the one 'wasting' money, so let him.

And yet you seem to be rather butthurt about being called a douchebag?

I just don't see why you care. He's the one 'wasting' money, so let him.

Well, I'm not sure I appreciate being called a douche bag for trying to help. Would you? I'm fairly confident he wouldn't call me that to my face so why call me that online?

And I don't care. He can spend his money anyway he wants, but I still hope it spins a big end, drops a valve, snaps the timing belt and melts a piston on the way home from the mechanic.

yep secong hand motor is quicker, but he wants the upgrade of a built one to be safe...

I can understand his thinking, just a shame he didnt have more time to consider all options fully...

and yeah budgetting and cars dont work, add 20-30% onto the estimate... its the little things that add up...

Depends how good the builder is, a second handy might last longer then this built one, I can see this costing alot more then 6k, after all it was only a quote and they soon change when the jobs done.

Wow is 8 hours this went from nice to fck you I know how it feels to have to make a fast decision sometimes its not the best option but it's all he has got and if he is happy. Also gets to keep his engine numbers no mucking around with engineering a engine change

Well, I'm not sure I appreciate being called a douche bag for trying to help. Would you? I'm fairly confident he wouldn't call me that to my face so why call me that online?

And I don't care. He can spend his money anyway he wants, but I still hope it spins a big end, drops a valve, snaps the timing belt and melts a piston on the way home from the mechanic.

Not at all, but that is when I would leave the thread and not care where it goes from there. I mean where is the satisfaction in someone else's engine failing? Seems a bit petty.

Wow is 8 hours this went from nice to fck you I know how it feels to have to make a fast decision sometimes its not the best option but it's all he has got and if he is happy. Also gets to keep his engine numbers no mucking around with engineering a engine change

U dont make fast decisions u rush decisions. Buy a car sell it, buy a motor sell it, buy a motor fix it, then fit it then wanna sell it. Kids these days :P

I dont know were everyones getting this engineering shit from? Unless he goes to sell it then its an issue, its a simple fix with a 80$ mod plate... lol.

Edited by 51NNA

U dont make fast decisions u rush decisions. Buy a car sell it, buy a motor sell it, buy a motor fix it, then fit it then wanna sell it. Kids these days :P

Hmm I'll get there one day

Hahahaha I tried following Bsa's build thread.

It was like home and away you just cant keep up with that shit