SAU Community

Sr20 C33 .... Trying To Save A Laurel

Ok as I'm a forum whore most of you would have seen me/my cars/hate on shit. But for those that have NFI and I'm bored I'll give the longwinded story of how I came to the Laurel.

This is the car I had the longest, my 3rd Sil. S14a I bought 3 years ago near stock with 19in Gestalts :lol: was a street car with JDM kit, after many defects and then getting redlabled for the 2nd time it became track only. did a revamp on it recently and it looks like this.

425990_307111876004634_278229208892901_798571_565966680_n.jpg

So after that got defected bought a Lexus for a tow car, got out of hand and got coilovers, veinna's ect

IMAG0093.jpg

Was nice for a daily, but the inevitable happened and it got done to, stripped it back to stock to keep it as a sensible daily. Sold of the parts and had some cash saved up at this stage I was looking for a laurel, but the only one in NSW was a stocker auto NA with haildamage for more than I was prepared to pay.

Ended up buying a cheap CA S13, but after I fixed some radiator/ heater hose issues the headgasget poped on the 3rd drive. Adding up the options mate offered to do a freshen up rebuild on a spare tired S15 SR for the Veinnas. While I was waiting for the engine to be finished up (Wasnt in a rush because it was out of rego)things got out of hand.... again

IMAG0465.jpg

Anyway at this point both the 14 and 13 were broken still and was randomally cruising Ebay. This poped up...

You had me at hello

laurel.jpg

This was a roller up about 30min north of Brisbane. With it being a bit out of the way (12.5 hours :lol: ) had a bit of a think about it, got myself way to gee'ed up, put a conservitive bid on it, buying site unseen and with it going to take $500 of petrol to get it back down here didnt go too high.

Ended up winning it for what I was happy for (paid more for a thrashed 13 shell with less in it) the auction ended a bit after 6pm and by mid day the next day me and 2 mates were in the car and on the way up with a trailer on the back. We got up to Coffs and crashed there then got up to Brissy the next day. Met up with the guy after he finished work. The car was rough, interior is filth, but I was almost expecting worse.

So loaded it up, paid the man and left about 7pm.

IMAG0360.jpg

Got out of brissy and back over the boarder, mates decided we were going to go rambo and get home in one hit :lol:

Random servo doing a fuel stop and driver swap

IMAG0362.jpg

After a while, mates got dropped off and was driving the last of the 1500km in the 22hours, it was 8:30am.

In the arvo unloaded it and had a better look at it

IMAG0364.jpg

No front bar, But already got on on the way from japan

IMAG0365.jpg

Boxy yet awesome

IMAG0367.jpg

Came with s14 gear on the front, cheering

IMAG0371.jpg

For some retarded reason the guy cut the brake lines, will have to see if I can fix these or i will have to try and replace them

IMAG0373.jpg

Looked like the guys backyard was a swamp as there is light surface rust all over the floorpan and the subframe is rusted.... got the tailshaft as well which is good

IMAG0374.jpg

The interior is rough. Looks like the fabric was srtipped off bottom of dash and door trims

IMAG0366.jpg

Its filthy though

IMAG0368.jpg

Looks like it was left with the windows down for a while, how the hell does it get macidamia nuts on the parcel tray :lol:

IMAG0370.jpg

GTR passanger seat was a nice bonus.....Pillarlessness is boss

IMAG0369.jpg

Stripped out seats to find an ants nest chilling under the rear seat

IMAG0376.jpg

Got the carpet out and it was filthy

IMAG0378.jpg

After some meguires and a gerni didnt look too bad

IMAG0379.jpg

Got the boot poped, then got the boot lock working. The cable release still needs some tinkering to get working.

Stripped all the crap out of there, looks like most of the missing interior parts are there which is a plus. There was a few cockaroches running around so ran down to bunnings and picked up this

IMAG0380-1.jpg

Started a binge of YJP

A giant box of stuff rocked up from japan

IMAG0462.jpg

Consisted of

Kouki tailights

Spare pair of headlights

Spare pair of parkers

Spare pair of mirrors

Uras front indicators

Hipposleek clear headlight covers

Hipposleek clear parker covers

Ordered spare set of headlight so I dont hack up the only set I have, but I can have a 2nd set that will look like this :)

photo10.jpg

Had a good look at it, new it was chopped for a front mount and that was about it

IMAG0470.jpg

Decided to check out those Uras indicators too. Turns out there brand new old stock, not used so cheering

IMAG0472.jpg

Ended up swaping a set of my wheels + cash for these

IMAG0477.jpg

Might reco them if I could be bothered. Or paint them white, have a thing for GTR wheels in white

SO yeah just been colecting parts so far :lol:

Plans are pretty much want to turn this into a decent streeter

Drop all the running gear out and clean out the surface rust on the underside of the car and hit it with some chassis black.

Put a Skyline/Silvia subframe in to replace the rusted one, that way its an easy way to get a R200 and 5 stud in one hit.

Paint engine bay .

Then look at getting it painted, A silverish colour

Get door trims and dash retrimmed where they have ripped off the fabric

Then when the S13 runs out of rego drop the S15 SR20 in there, get it wired up, regoed

Run a inbay intercooler, quite exhaust

Going to be starting on it in the next month or 2 but need to wait for time in the garage to drop all the subframes out

So thats the longwinded story of my C33 that I havent actually done anything yet

good to see it up here too, caught it on ns.com

keep the updates coming, it helps with motivation n stuff :3some:

lmfao..... just saw the s14 bonnet inside, thats for the cops right ?

Edited by Dan_J

Not much happening

Brother got his gaurds rolled by PhillB

Got the laurel done at the same time with a tiny pump the give the gaurds a bit of shape instead of tucking inwards

Bothers BBS's rocked up too same day, scene looked pretty boss

IMG_6981.jpg

PhillB does a mad job, the least damage to gaurds ive ever had

• 4 weeks later...

Not much happening

Trying to get back ontop of things finacallyand fix the 14 so I can get back out and skid so things have slowed down

I went through the interior bits and realised all the center console stuff is haggard and just hacked up auto gear for the manual conversion.

Managed to find a complete manual center console with lid in decent nic, just need to find a manual shifter surround and gear boot and audi surround

Was also contimplating selling the s13 and this and buying another 240z or k but there was nothing that jumped out at me for decent coin so I'll probably just end up finishing it

With all the dramas were having with the GTR rear end in my brothers 13, im probably still going to do it but you need all adjustable arms, so I'll either just chuck the whole thing in with just a lock bar or..... wait till after rego and chuck it all in a s13 non hicas subframe

• 2 weeks later...