SAU Community

How Much Is A Black Matte Respray?

I basically want something that looks like this kind of black:

http://www.bodykits....-104157/614820/

The wrap black matte looks way too flat to me, or am I actually thinking of flat black?

I always thought it was glossy or matte, never this third 'flat'. To be honest the hood on that looks matte but the rest doesn't, even so I don't want something super reflective like most cars I see. Just not my personal taste. A little reflection is good, but only if it's a little, like in that picture.

That looks like satin black to me.

There are actually a few different levels of paint with regards to reflection, it goes flat>matte>satin>semi-gloss>full-gloss.

That looks like satin black to me.

There are actually a few different levels of paint with regards to reflection, it goes flat>matte>satin>semi-gloss>full-gloss.

That clears up my ignorance now :3- thank you.

So should I get a wrap in satin then since they are a lot cheaper than a full body respray?

At least it's more easy to reverse the process should you...

* get tired of it

* wish to sell it

* damage a section and need to match it

* want to drive on a moonless night with your lights off

That clears up my ignorance now :3- thank you.

So should I get a wrap in satin then since they are a lot cheaper than a full body respray?

I would speak to someone that can tell you what is involved in maintaining it (RusH, for example). Matte finished aren't easy to look after, if you don't put a lot of work into it then you're going to end up with a very average looking car.

• 1 month later...