SAU Community

Rb25 Vct Cams

what are you doing with this car of yours, what are you setting it up for?

what is the engine in?

it's goin into a 1966 HD Holden street/strip

Red R Racing does custom grind VCT cams for their RB26 Vcam heads so Paul might be able to help you out. I had a look at one of these last night and they look pretty sweet. Although these are to suit solid lifter and not the hydraulic setup that most 25 heads use I'm sure the profile could be redone to suit the ramp angle a hydraulic cam needs.

What engine was that for?

So your aiming for 700hp +?

Powerglide and pretty much a drag setup at a guess, yeah?

Why smallish cams then?

I would of thought more air going through to fill the largish snail would be a good thing? And to get high revs it will be a rebuilt head anyways wouldnt it?

• 1 month later...

Hi i have placed an order with Camtech talk to Jim Tamburello he is very helpfull

im sure you will find what you need

cheers mate I have been talking to Jim at Camtech that who ills go with

For the rb30 bottom end you will need longer duration on the exhaust,

Surecams are the only custom cam grinders left in nsw

And i doubt dirt garage has a cam grinder, a clue or even a qualification with some of the shit I've had to repair of his "handy work"

And i doubt dirt garage has a cam grinder, a clue or even a qualification with some of the shit I've had to repair of his "handy work"

yeh I'm thinking about Camtech 268/9mm lift inlet and 272/10.4 ex cam

cat-hiss.jpg

Ported head?

If not the standard ports work better with 9mm (0.300"-0.350") lift after porting the heads can flow to suit bigger lift

so just clean up inlet and port the ex ?

Cleaning up the ports or de dagging removes restrictions

professional porting as in re shapping enlarging the right spots etc will increase a cfm flow best suit to the lift your chasing

my 26 head flows best at 0.420" lift,i couldn't go larger without affecting the air velocity which you can go larger with forced induction so 10.8mm lift works perfectly in mine cause the ports can flow up to that much lift, putting 11.3mm lift cams in would make me loose power cause the head doesn't flow at that lift

Cleaning up the ports or de dagging removes restrictions

professional porting as in re shapping enlarging the right spots etc will increase a cfm flow best suit to the lift your chasing

my 26 head flows best at 0.420" lift,i couldn't go larger without affecting the air velocity which you can go larger with forced induction so 10.8mm lift works perfectly in mine cause the ports can flow up to that much lift, putting 11.3mm lift cams in would make me loose power cause the head doesn't flow at that lift

yeh you get everything matching for best result

I'd just stick type B poncams in it ..its a smalllish turbo for a RB25/30, definilty no need for that much duration on exhaust..i'd want a 70mm turbo at least for that sizing.

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31