SAU Community

Our New Dr30. Our Old Prince Skyline Gt

clubracer

How much are they asking? Just out of interest.

Also finally got the brake sorted today/ All bled up although we found an issue - the pedal box is flexing so some more fab work will be required. Just awaiting a steer coupling to arrive - the car will be rolling next week with all brand new steering, suspension and brakes. Finally it feels like we're now on the down hill run. Such a relief! Will post photos of it all once it's all done.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since a post. Engine is away getting built. Brakes, suspension, steering all plumbed up and ready to go. Although have stripped it all again to prep the engine bay for the engine. Not going over the top with it, just want to keep it neat, so a quick clean, sand, primer then paint. Got a few welds to clean up/grind down on the firewall where a guy had a go at welding some plates in... sheesh I can't tell you how bad the job was. So that will happen next week then I can get the rest painted. Will slowly then clean and paint the wheel wells and make my way back under the chassis over time and get it all clean and the same colour. Good old Machinery Grey Rust Guard. The reason for this colour is that when it gets scratched if a tool is dropped or I have to make any other repairs I can just pick up a can from the local bunnings and away I go. Looks neat, that's the main thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got some new brakes on the Prince, Discs aren't racing legal but we're just testing them as they're some cheap AP knock offs. We had to turn them down from their original soze. At least we got some tiny little alloy hats in there. These were the very first calipers I designed. They take WRX pads so plenty of pad options available for the car for a long time now and about 20% more pad area than before (not to mentioned the extra cooling from a ventilated disc)

12642489_990130507712881_344363077276224

And the finished engine bay of the DR. Good old rust guard in a spray pack comes out alright!

12734279_1070760462945051_65353659234374

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So finally got the car out of the storage place and back into the olds' yard. Welded in some a-pillar gussets today, which is the first time I've welded in 4+ years, and using a cheap Ebay tig. Results weren't bad. Interior should be painted next weekend and then we're ready to put the engine back in and start on wiring. There is some light finally.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for bringing the Prince GT to the Heritage GTR Display.

Thanks to your Dad Dick. I introduced him to Terry Ashwood and they had quite a long chat whilst I talked with Rod Markland.

Kevin San with the Hako... next to you has been asked to write an article about the Heritage Display Cars. I think I have enough information about the Prince GT but if Dick would like to add a few short words we'll appreciate any other comments if they fit in.

No problems Terry, thanks for the invite. We'll be back next year and bring both cars to compete in the Gymkhana if we can get mine finished! Am sure Dad would be happy to add a few works. Please get Kevin to get in touch with dad directly. I can send his phone number via PM.

• 3 weeks later...