SAU Community

Your Favourite Restaurant's In Sydney

GTR32X

There's also a ripper Asian foodcourt in Haymarket - Dixon House Food Court. Cheap and dirty food, but tastes sensational. There is one place in particular (I think it's a 'sizzling plate restaurant' or something like that) that gives mountainous portions - but be warned: they make their food HOT with a capital F!

We go here when we're in town for noodlesoups! There's one place that does a mean roasted pork noodlesoup!!

Hello niZmO person LOL

yeah I go there sometimes, but I miss the dirty ling long food at dixon, hunter, chinatown etc.. I do sometimes trek to haymarket for a dirty feed.

El Loco is pretty hipster too

$9 for a hotdog is a bit much, but it's not bad once a month. I work at Ultimo, so Essen is close by :D

Unfortunately I didn't see any croc on the menu :(

Maybe we should start a restaurant called, IF YOU DARE where the menu consists of

* Fugu

* Croc

* Gator

* Bull's Balls

* Pig's Trotters

* Ox Tail

* Locust in Chocolate for dessert etc

Maybe we should start a restaurant called, IF YOU DARE where the menu consists of

* Fugu

* Croc

* Gator

* Bull's Balls

* Pig's Trotters

* Ox Tail

i tried all except locust...

* Fugu

* Croc

* Gator

* Bull's Balls

* Pig's Trotters

* Ox Tail

Man i eat half of that stuff with no fuss anyway - though i have not found gator on the menu around here - I ask some weird stuff in Thailand too, i didn't want to ask what it was... I just chewed and swallowed

cops trotters are the best, - The only thing i wont do is live bugs and fried spiders

a lot of this stuff is so heavily flavored/spiced you cant taste it anyway - good reason for it too :)

Ravi, have you tried "In The Mood For Thai" on the corner of Horwood Place and George Street, diagonally opposite the Roxy? I quite like it there.

Try Spice - the small place across the road from here. I think In the Mood is a bit "Thai by numbers"; Spice is good but not great (well compared to some of the places I like - Thai Potong & Spice I Am; I really like the shitty Surry Hills one if you can put up with the noise and don't want the ambiance of the others)

Place I LOVE in Parramatta is Temasek - best Nasi Goreng I've tasted anywhere in the world

Edited by Gunnar_11

Japanese: Belive it or not I find the best Japanese place is downstairs in Castle Towers, not sure what it's called but it is the one between Subway and the kebab shop. Apparently Eastwood is great for Jap and korean but I haven't tried them yet.

It's called ASAGO, for a second I thought you were talking about Midori next to Donut King.

Anyways I ate at InFlames Chicken in Castle Hill on the weekend and to be honest it's very over priced compared to anywhere in Granville or Auburn.

If anyone is looking for cheap good lebanese food, Jasmin in Auburn is probably best meal for your dollar. $17 for a mixed that that I assure you will be hard to finish!!!