SAU Community

Your Favourite Restaurant's In Sydney

GTR32X

• 2 weeks later...

Beyond vintage in leura mall. I know the chef its brilliant anyone up the mountain want to try something different head up there

• Like 1

Beyond vintage in leura mall. I know the chef its brilliant anyone up the mountain want to try something different head up there

I'll have to give it a crack; my missus works in Leura.

Silks Brasserie up the top of the main street in Leura was pretty good last time we were there. Beautiful kangaroo fillets with baked pear and seasonal veg.

Wysteria lane cafe behind the nursery in Leura had a damn nice pulled pork burger last week too.

I'll have to give it a crack; my missus works in Leura.

Silks Brasserie up the top of the main street in Leura was pretty good last time we were there. Beautiful kangaroo fillets with baked pear and seasonal veg.

Wysteria lane cafe behind the nursery in Leura had a damn nice pulled pork burger last week too.

gotta love a pulled pork burger. And i haven't tried silks yet but i have heard really good things about it. That was the night that i thought i saw you lol
  • Like 1

gotta love a pulled pork burger. And i haven't tried silks yet but i have heard really good things about it. That was the night that i thought i saw you lol

Silks was great! Really nice service; friendly, knowledgeable sommelier; no pretentiousness, and even gave us a contact that had a wine we'd been trying to find locally.

I really need to get back there with the missus soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to trying some local cuisine, and was pleasantly surprised!!

King Chef in Kings Cross... phenomenal Chinese, typical pricing, ~14.80 for mains, ~10.80 for fried rice.

I've tried most ramen in Sydney and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed the best of the best down to two:

1. Manpuku Ramen in Kingsford. Main attraction is that they just do it right - which is probably why it's always filled with Japanese people. Handmade noodles, thick flavourful broth and their recipes are different to the usual generic bullshit that seems to be endemic in Asian food in Australia.
  2. Gumshara in Chinatown. It's in a food court off Sussex St (entrance is west off the northenmost arch thingy). Place is hardcore - they let the broth boil in huge steel pots all day until it's basically solid. It's so f**king rich you will be comatose afterwards. I recommend starving yourself all day, then doing leg day at the gym, then ordering the one that comes with a massive spare rib balanced over the bowl.
Edited by Skepticism
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hey all,

Thai- It's Time For Thai in Kingsford has always been nice.

I've been to Volcanoes in Parramatta a few times and it's not bad for the steaks.. 6.5-7/10. Better than Crinitis

I've tried most ramen in Sydney and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed the best of the best down to two:

1. Manpuku Ramen in Kingsford. Main attraction is that they just do it right - which is probably why it's always filled with Japanese people. Handmade noodles, thick flavourful broth and their recipes are different to the usual generic bullshit that seems to be endemic in Asian food in Australia.
  2. Gumshara in Chinatown. It's in a food court off Sussex St (entrance is west off the northenmost arch thingy). Place is hardcore - they let the broth boil in huge steel pots all day until it's basically solid. It's so f**king rich you will be comatose afterwards. I recommend starving yourself all day, then doing leg day at the gym, then ordering the one that comes with a massive spare rib balanced over the bowl.

try Ikkyu Ramen in Chinatown, it's up stairs in the food court opposite Y2K Cafe...

It's off it's tits.. reminds me of Japan