SAU Community

Your Favourite Restaurant's In Sydney

GTR32X

Bombay Gourmet in Padstow - frigging love their food.

Will check this out soon, Been looking for good a good indian joint. Nothing worse then getting a handfull of curry dishes. And they all taste the same!!

Good Italian,

Ceasars No Names- leichhardt

Nothing facney, But as an italian, this is probly one of the very few italian places ive liked.

Big serves, Good food, Very Very well priced.

Must have: Shnity Parma toped with boscaiola sauce

Good Italian,

Ceasars No Names- leichhardt

Nothing facney, But as an italian, this is probly one of the very few italian places ive liked.

Big serves, Good food, Very Very well priced.

Must have: Shnity Parma toped with boscaiola sauce

Have you been to Jolly's ? Italian front house, asian back house hahaha...

TBH, wicked feed and tasty

doesn't look too bad at all....may try it one day!

can't remember if this has been suggested: night shanghai in ashfield, or new shanghai (in the lemon grove arcade, NOT chats chase) in chatswood. ace.

You mean New Shanghai in Ashfield? I absolutely LOVE that place! They've just done a refurbish of the premises and it actually looks quite nice inside now, and is a bit bigger too. The kitchen has been relocated, but it's still behind glass so you can look in.

Dunno why they have two of them in Chatswood - are they on opposite sides of the suburb? I've only been to the Ashfield one.

You mean New Shanghai in Ashfield? I absolutely LOVE that place! They've just done a refurbish of the premises and it actually looks quite nice inside now, and is a bit bigger too. The kitchen has been relocated, but it's still behind glass so you can look in.

Dunno why they have two of them in Chatswood - are they on opposite sides of the suburb? I've only been to the Ashfield one.

haven't had new shanghai in Ashfield, because my fave is 'night shanghai' - slightly grubbier but oh so satisfying. i've never been able to venture next door because I KNOW what i'll get in night shanghai. habits...

they have 2 because they cater to different markets. there is one in a slightly dingy foodcourt (interior isn't that dingy though/at all) but the other is in chatswood chase / ie rich person's westfield / ie caters to people who may or may not know the authenticity of their food/pricing. so to put it another way, there's one which is the exact replica of ashfield pre-renovation, and another which is more for foreigners (so to speak).

haven't had new shanghai in Ashfield, because my fave is 'night shanghai' - slightly grubbier but oh so satisfying. i've never been able to venture next door because I KNOW what i'll get in night shanghai. habits...

they have 2 because they cater to different markets. there is one in a slightly dingy foodcourt (interior isn't that dingy though/at all) but the other is in chatswood chase / ie rich person's westfield / ie caters to people who may or may not know the authenticity of their food/pricing. so to put it another way, there's one which is the exact replica of ashfield pre-renovation, and another which is more for foreigners (so to speak).

Im going to head down to the one in ashfield for a feed tonight, Cant wait!!

there is an awesome Xin Jiang chinese place in Ashfield too! Amazing! I can't remember what it's called though

Look it up. I'm hungry. And it's dinner time!

Tapas Union

Union Lane Penrith was good on Sat night. Three of us enjoyed 6 dishes.

Essentially, it's Spanish, Portugese with a variety of smallgoods + meat dishes > tasty.

Just got back from here, or what i thought was here- I went to the one that had them making dumplings inthe glass window at the front- then after i walked out, 110% happy i relised that shangai night was two doors down, I ask as the counter and he said night shagai is his mums one. This place was called dumplings something. freeking awsome, They must supply the dumplings to the two stores next door, New shaghai and shanghai night.

Look it up. I'm hungry. And it's dinner time!

Tapas Union

Union Lane Penrith was good on Sat night. Three of us enjoyed 6 dishes.

Essentially, it's Spanish, Portugese with a variety of smallgoods + meat dishes > tasty.

205 Liverpool Road, Ashfield

try the lamb bbq skewers, lamb ribs and shredded potato salad

and call me when you decide to go as I'm coming too!

Just got back from here, or what i thought was here- I went to the one that had them making dumplings inthe glass window at the front- then after i walked out, 110% happy i relised that shangai night was two doors down, I ask as the counter and he said night shagai is his mums one. This place was called dumplings something. freeking awsome, They must supply the dumplings to the two stores next door, New shaghai and shanghai night.

you sir, i believe, from memory, have just been to shanghai memory which yes as you said, is run by the son of the owners of night shanghai. it's slightly better looking and a TINY bit more spacious, but barely more so...anyway not complaining, cos as you said the food is JUST AS GOOD (sometimes even better?)

new shanghai is A DIFFERENT company/restaurant (like kfc and red rooster). night shanghai is daddy (like burger king and hungry jacks).

edit:oh and you know what, now that i mentioned companies + restaurants, it makes me think of the fact that in most cases when restaurants are owned/opened/backed by a 'company' the wankiness and therefore price jumps up. i love how most asian foods (barring a percentage of japanese) is free from such wankery

edit 2: ie; MS.G's, Mr.Wong's etc etc.

Edited by darksky34