SAU Community

Bodykits In Perth

Hey guys,

I'm proudly pushing a 1998 GT-T 2 door R34.

I was wondering the best place to get a body kit in Perth. So far the only place that I know of is the Spoiler Shop and I've got a quote from them and they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I am after the Bomex bumper and the Bomex side skirts as well.

I've done some searching around online and this is what I've found so far...

Monkeywarehouse.com.au did not have what I was after. XXX Bodykits would be almost $400 postage from over east....So far the cheapest rear bar is $325 including P&H from Vivagarage.com.au

The cheapest sideskirts are $180 including P&H from Ebay

I'm also after some flares that I can only seem to find on Carmate.com and I've heard they're REALLY SLOW with postage times. So I'm going to have to

get them from there, long delivery or not if I can't find them elsewhere..... And they're $478.50 inc P&H.

FrontFenderFlares.jpg

FrontFenderFlaresPainted.jpg

This is the Bomex side skirts and Rear bar for those who don't know what I'm after

bomexfront.jpg

bomexrear.jpg

bomexside.jpg

So if anyone knows the best place to get these/has some for sale or has seen these flares for sale anywhere other than carmate than please let me know.

It would be muchos gracias Senors and Senoritas

Thanks for that. Went and had a look and they're more expensive than the Spoiler shop! At least the spoiler shop, I could go and pick it up :P haha.

In my opinion if you were looking to buy fibreglass copies - unless experienced in panelbeating yourself - you should probably go to a shop like the spoilershop who both brings the parts in and gets them to fit your car for you.

fibreglass kits can be a nightmare to fit, and if you buy the kit yourself and get someone to fit it for you - it may work out more expensive if you have to pay them for tons of labour to get it to fit right. at least from the spoiler shop its a fixed price!

Ive gotten a rear bumper + side skirts done from greg and he made them fit very well. he works with carmates products alot so he should have tons of experience getting their kits to fit.

vivagarage/carmate are pretty cheap but ive heard their kits can be quite difficult to fit at times.

theres another place in bibra lake or oconnor called in style customs or something that brings in carmates stuff, could check with them.

Yeah, I'm not going to fit them myself. I just want to know the cheapest place to get them from. I have a few places in mind for fitting/spraying, I am just after the cheapest place to get them. I've heard that the spoiler shop isn't that flash at paint matching.so I was thinking Instyle customs or I have a few other places recommended by friends in mind for fitment/spraying. Was just looking for the cheapest/best place to get my hands on them. So far the cheapest for the bomex side skirts is $285 from Viva Garage and the Bomex rear bar is cheapest of Viva Garage @ $325.

Where as at the spoilershop I was quoted $445 for the side skirts and $660 for the rear bar. NOT sprayed or fitted. It would be cheaper to bring them in from online and get them sprayed.

spoiler shop did a pretty good job on my car :)

check out a few other places though, and try to get a fixed quote on fitting/painting the kit on from the other places - that way you avoid them charging you bucketloads for labour if the kit doesnt fit well :)

and yeah getting them online yourself is always cheaper - skipping the middleman haha. vivagarage is pretty cheap but im not entirely too sure on the quality of their body kits, ive heard a few mixed reviews.

good luk mate :) i think in style customs pricing is similar to spoiler shops btw

Yeah I've got a mate who got skirts and a front bar from spoiler and like... 18 months later the paint is looking pretty shit. Starting to crack/peel.

I think I've got some guys lined up for paint. It's worth taking the risk trying to get it cheaper though from online even if I need to pay a bit more to get them fitted. Never know if you don't try. Anyway that's a few months away. Going to start ordering in the parts with my tax return :) haha. I'll keep you posted

Gay Bodykits, Seriously disgusting. Ruining these nice cars.

Thats what my quick but effective comment was.

Im not gay, I just don't ruin cars with horrible kits.

But go ahead ur driving it , not me :)

imo bomex is a really bad,

lookn kit on the 34

Exactly, theres so many nice kits out there that flow well and look neat but this one posted is the worst by far LOL.

Need 4 speeeed underground lmao

Terriable kit !!! :/

Each to there own though. I just prefer a kit that goes beautifully with the lines of the car. not destroys it.

Just need a heap of stickers and some under car LEDs to finish the look off!

thought about these three if u MUST go for kits?

http://carmate.com/product_details.php?productid=NSGTT99TS2FB

+

http://carmate.com/product_details.php?productid=NSGTT99OTRB

+

http://carmate.com/product_details.php?productid=NSGTT99OTSS

Just a thought,

when i look at peoples cars with these carmate bodykits though, They NEVER line up 100% and that wud give me the shits bad but maybe not so much for u bodykit lovers lol.

When i first got my r34 the Bomex kit was soooo freaking awesome, you have no idea how cool it looked. then 2 of my friends got the sides and rear then i saw the whole kit on a randoms car one day and it made me want to kill myself for wanting it. If you saw it in real life its not what you expect it to be. also they have copies of this kit for lancers and i've seen a lancer around beechboro with the rear and sides. didnt see the front tho

Talking kits.....

Im looking for a J tune style bonnet in fibre glass for my 33 GTR.

Only place i have seen is carmate... have they improved any as i never heard great things about them?

thought about these three if u MUST go for kits?

http://carmate.com/p...id=NSGTT99TS2FB

+

http://carmate.com/p...tid=NSGTT99OTRB

+

http://carmate.com/p...tid=NSGTT99OTSS

Just a thought,

when i look at peoples cars with these carmate bodykits though, They NEVER line up 100% and that wud give me the shits bad but maybe not so much for u bodykit lovers lol.

I have the impul copies on my car :action-smiley-069:

those and the altia ones are pretty nice looking imo

i like the stock front bumper - just needs a lip of some sort on bottom

I have the impul copies on my car :action-smiley-069:

those and the altia ones are pretty nice looking imo

i like the stock front bumper - just needs a lip of some sort on bottom

sounds good man, alot of the time all u need is that front jdm lip and it will be alot better looking then a entire front bar swap,

i once had a 5th gen prelude with a black jdm front lip looked heaps neat. i agree with u ;)