SAU Community

Help Bad Stone Chips

Hi guys new to the forums I just picked up a r33 gts s2 last night in side is like brand new it has sunroof with good seals and jdm electric mirrors but on the bonnet it has a fair few stone chips easy like 50 of them now should I just get a touch up buff and polish or just get the car resprayed I'm asking this as I don't no if the touch up buff and polish will fix this will cost about $400-$500

Yep, respray... Mine has been littered with chips from Putty Rd and there is no other way but a respray, so i would imagine yours is the same? You dont need the whole car done if its just the bonnet as they should be able to match it! :)

Ballpark figure of $500 for a Respray

Has the bonnet been painted before albeit in an amateurish way? It's a wonder that the front bar doesn't need a spray too eh?

• 2 weeks later...

$600 a panel has been my experience. $400ea front / rear bar.

That includes fixing minor panel damage.

Up to $10,000 for whole car windows out and door/sills. Underside boot, bonnet.

and engine bay if your motors out.

Rest of body is ok tho has alot of swirls like he had tried to half ass buff it I'm not sure but it's just the bonnet and front bar that are bad I'll post pics in a hour was thinking of buying a bonnet and bar off here and then just get the car buffed and polished ?