SAU Community

R33 Gtr Running Lean

Hot33r8723

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's right 89cal these boys are trying to tell me that a 02 can't cause a lean mixture and you yourself no they can but most the time they cause a rich mixture I've seen it right In front of my very own eyes I've even got a damaged 02 sensor with my right now that I can 100 % prove with make a rb26 run lean

Yes cause it reads way out of limits and runs lean mate I've tried as well :) you no yourself they can cause a lean mixture when cruising simple as that I'm Finished thanks for that

Edited by Hot33r8723

No I'm telling you it wont run lean enough to melt things. It wont let it go over 15.4ish:1 AFR till the ECU takes over and pulls it back.

I'm not sure how the GTR's work but I'm guessing 1 O2 sensor for each 3 cylinders, so you may end up having it drive weird at cruise or fouling plugs in 3 cylinders, but I honestly dont think it could run lean enough to melt things

I run 15.7:1 AFR's at cruise with no issues. Some days they even get up around 16:1 for whatever reason, and my engine is fine.

I think your problem might have been your fuel pump as originally thought....

Yeah gtr one sensor for 3 cylinders and if your air flow meters resistance is out of whack as well as a damaged 02 put them together and watch them

Front 3 fry away but hey 89cal your the first person ive spoken to that actually no what there talking about an yeah I never believed the o2 would cause a lean mixture I always thought rich cause it throws a code to the ecu an depending on how your afm reads Aswell can cook cylinders

Yeah gtr one sensor for 3 cylinders and if your air flow meters resistance is out of whack as well as a damaged 02 put them together and watch them

Front 3 fry away but hey 89cal your the first person ive spoken to that actually no what there talking about an yeah I never believed the o2 would cause a lean mixture I always thought rich cause it throws a code to the ecu an depending on how your afm reads Aswell can cook cylinders

Not exactly. The 02 sensors signals are halved by the ecu. Not 1 afm per 3 cylinders.

And with the 02 sensors im pretty sure the factory ecu is batch fire so it cant physically lean out cylinders unless and injector is playing up

But any way I've got a Walbro 255 now it's a bit loud in the back end what u think about the direct feed mod do you think it's

Worth it

Definately worth it. Wen u see the flow gauge before and after a rewire it the flow goes off the gauge when rewired

Definately worth it. Wen u see the flow gauge before and after a rewire it the flow goes off the gauge when rewired

Is there any real benefit in doing this with a Nismo/Tomei fuel pump?

Been thinking about doing this for a while but not real sure if its worth it

Each airflow controls each 3 cylinders I don't know about the other pumps

How can the AFM's control each three cylinders when the intake joins into one pipe before it gets to the intake manifold?

Air metered through turbo 1 joins with the air metered through turbo 2 after the intercooler, so air from turbo 1 doesnt necessarily go to cylinders 1-3, it equally spreads between all 6

That's why when u have a buggerd afm front or rear those front 3 or back 3 can run lean or rich

U wanna come work for me. U sound like u know everything.

Where do u work atm

So what if I run the stock wiring and don't do the direct feed mod ???? The pump wouldn't run at full capacity right ? But a Walbro needs minimum 12 volts and there's a voltage regulator that ups the voltage when revs are raised about 3000 grand right ? So the pump would be working overtime doing the direct feed mod and as Walbro says minimum voltage 12 volts and the specs of the pump would have been tested minimum 12 voltage other wise Walbro would look ridiculous for making fake claims the best thing to do is purchase a hot wire earth kit for your whole car not just up the voltage to the pump

How can the AFM's control each three cylinders when the intake joins into one pipe before it gets to the intake manifold?

Air metered through turbo 1 joins with the air metered through turbo 2 after the intercooler, so air from turbo 1 doesnt necessarily go to cylinders 1-3, it equally spreads between all 6

Nah man ur 100% wrong :rolleyes: ...... Sarcasm

On a rb26 the airflow meters are before the turbos mate senses the air

Flowing through the front of each turbo and signals is sent back to the ecu telling the ecu how

Much air is flowing into each turbo and each 3 cylinders I work for tony rigioly mate

On a rb26 the airflow meters are before the turbos mate senses the air

Flowing through the front of each turbo and signals is sent back to the ecu telling the ecu how

Much air is flowing into each turbo and each 3 cylinders I work for tony rigioly mate

Both turbo's end up flowing air to the one point. There is one intake manifold that joins all 6 cylinders