SAU Community

got my first shunt last night

!3oost

i had my first minor incident last night. not my fault, was basically sitting at the lights and sum 18yo woman in her civic came up behind me and sumhow thought i was going and hit all the back of my car. ive only had the car for a month. it aint too bad just needs a new rear bar i think and a bit of a respray round the boot area and rear bar. good thing is she is gonna pay for it all neway.

I feel your pain, that's happened to me not once, but TWICE!! :rant: If the gap below your boot is a little larger than normal, you'll probably find that the beaver panel will be bent. Also check the outer edges of the taillight assemlies, they'll break their seal to the rear 3/4 guards if the middle of the car was hit hard enough. If they need to do panelwork and not just replace/repair the bar, expect the bill to come to around $1500. Not that it really matters cos you're not paying for it anyway :)

Take it to a few GOOD pannel beaters for quotes and opinions on what needs to be repaired or replaced. Spray the tail lights with a high pressure hose and see if any water gets in, something else to tell the repairer.

Sorry to hear it... Hope the damage isn't too serious.

Some advice for the future... If sitting on traffic light and seeing a car behind you coming up... dab your brake pedal a couple times and hold it... Your brake light might bring into the other driver's attention if he/she happens to be a little bit day dreaming or thinking you're moving.

yea it aint all to serious and she has called and said for me to take it to sum garage (which i cant remember the name of right now( in collingwood on friday. She is paying for it all so woteva needs to be fixed comes out of her pocket. But yea i have actually had water creeping into my rear right indicator, so that cant be a good thing............

i had my first minor incident last night. not my fault, was basically sitting at the lights and sum 18yo woman in her civic came up behind me and sumhow thought i was going and hit all the back of my car. ive only had the car for a month. it aint too bad just needs a new rear bar i think and a bit of a respray round the boot area and rear bar. good thing is she is gonna pay for it all neway.

That's fux0red dude..... same thing happened to me a few years ago in my 200sx (on Chapel st mind you :P) some d!cksnap in a clubsport wasn't looking in front of him... the traffic was moving very slowly, i braked because the car in front of me had stopped. This guy behind kept going and just tapped my D-Speed rear bar and cracked it, pushed the boot in a bit too.... the repair quote was over $3k. Silly me only took his mobile number, the guy tried to change mobile numbers on me to avoid paying, but i found out where he lived and called him at home.. he ended up going through insurance when he found out the cost. he was expecting it to be under 1 grand.... I said this isn't a commodore buddy, and I have a pearl paint job :)

I'd recommend Corso Body Works in South Melbourne.. Speak to Sam. They are authorised jaguar repairers and also do repairs for Shannons Insurance. Not the cheapest, but they definitely do a top job :cheers: