SAU Community

R34 Gtt Series 1 Vs Series 2

Really? I know he's in Victoria but give Phill at Tokyo Prestige an email and see what he can do for you.

Were you after a mostly stock 2 door Turbo manual? Coz when i got mine he said for a turbo manual coupe i'd be looking at around 14k. I only had 10 to play with so I opted for a 4 door, Turbo with an auto but have since changed it to manual for 900 bux :)

Alright thanks for that, will check that place out!

Yes, mostly stock 2 door turbo manual series 2 in black (GTT). pretty specific...and perhaps that's what is driving my price up! I'd pay around 14k depending on what has been done to the car (or not done), but definitely setting a limit to nothing higher than that.

You are going to struggle to find a series 2 for 15k, when I was looking there were 6 for sale in the country.

I bought mine for 18k in July & that was one straight off the boat from an importer in Sydney.

You will be able to buy a series 1 privately for that sort of money for sure.

Alright thanks for that, will check that place out!

Yes, mostly stock 2 door turbo manual series 2 in black (GTT). pretty specific...and perhaps that's what is driving my price up! I'd pay around 14k depending on what has been done to the car (or not done), but definitely setting a limit to nothing higher than that.

Black and blue series 2 are rare finds

Most are white, yellow , red

Good luck finding a series 2 in good nick , lower km for under 18-20k the prices are sliding up a bit now for good examples

I ordered a black one for the wiff ( ex now.lol) but it was destroyed in the container shipment

The series 2 is a more refined car with some decent options , the biggest drawback is the ghey front bar and the huge pissweak wing on some

dont take off the wing that makes them look boring like a camry lol

Gtr wing , jun tall stands , carbon blade , led modified 3rd light embedded in the wing looks nice :-) but I'm partial haha

yeah i've realised that (though it's definitely possible). the real question is what makes the S2s worth the few grand extra? the answer is...not much

It really is not worth it. I loved my series 1 just as much as I love this one. The only reason I wanted a series 2 is because my series 1 got stolen & I didnt want to buy the exact same car, i wanted something a little newer & a little different so the series 2 was perfect.

Troy, how did it get destroyed and how did you fix it?!? that's kind of ridiculous...

The container tipped on its side on the ship, smashing the side front to rear , I never accepted it and had a white one on order after hearing the news , the white one had more options but cost about 6k more lol

just a pain in paperwork and time from japan

The wiff left after ordering it so she kept the r31

I sold my RZ tt supra and kept the skyline

Edited by Carbon 34

It really is not worth it. I loved my series 1 just as much as I love this one. The only reason I wanted a series 2 is because my series 1 got stolen & I didnt want to buy the exact same car, i wanted something a little newer & a little different so the series 2 was perfect.

seems reasonable. is it?

http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2000-nissan-skyline-r34-111344?R=111344&Silo=spec&Vertical=car&Ridx=0&eapi=2

The container tipped on its side on the ship, smashing the side front to rear , I never accepted it and had a white one on order after hearing the news , the white one had more options but cost about 6k more lol

just a pain in paperwork and time from japan

The wiff left after ordering it so she kept the r31

I sold my RZ tt supra and kept the skyline

wow man, car got screwed and so did you (in more ways than one)! sucks. never thought about that when importing though...totally didn't factor in the sea conditions HAHA!

seems reasonable. is it?

http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2000-nissan-skyline-r34-111344?R=111344&Silo=spec&Vertical=car&Ridx=0&eapi=2

wow man, car got screwed and so did you (in more ways than one)! sucks. never thought about that when importing though...totally didn't factor in the sea conditions HAHA!

Didn't cost me a thing just hassle , you must insure it for transit if your smart

Worked out the white one was much better anyway

Redbook is pointless unless your car is traded into dealer or wrecked , some car loan companies base that on loan value , but skylines will pull what ever the market bears and condition

That is wholesale prices in most cases

Edited by Carbon 34

Black and blue series 2 are rare finds

Most are white, yellow , red

I actually wanted mine in Yellow but the yellow ones with same specs as mine were 2k more as it was supposed to be rare, so i settled for blue pearl.

• 2 months later...

After owning a series 2 for 6 months & starring at the boost gauge every time I drive the car I have only just noticed the series 2 boost gauge does not read in KG/CM2.

It reads in KPA