SAU Community

R34 Gtt Series 1 Vs Series 2

There isnt a power increase. Its torque.

The 96spec to 98spec Integra Type R had a torque increase by changing the exhaust cam to one slightly bigger. Zero killerwasps increase but it gave a slight torque increase. Maybe its something like that. Or maybe its complete bullshit too. :)

Hi guys

I though I might share this encase anyone ever wonders what the differences are between the series 1 & series 2 R34.

post-86207-0-45673700-1343366274_thumb.jpg

I have a series 2 build date 9/2000 and there is a mountain of things that differ, garrett labeled turbos to start with 206ps

cams are the torque increase, bigger smic , electronics are different using SMD curcuits that dont interchage, side airbags on some cars , lower emissions , heated sunroof and mirrors with super defrost snow option , seats use different cloth inside and out, etc , i have the factory S2 Gt/Gtt etc sales brochure and I was blown away by the options not documented anywhere

7 sedan models, 5 coupe not including gtr!!

Edited by Carbon 34
  • Like 1

Troy, care to take pics of or scan the pages of the sales brochure?

Oh titanium silver and black leather steering wheel, mesh inserts in doors to match and seats same , better black on seats , 3 different floor mats, mine are super thick with steel skyline script logo , black with silver to match, series 2 v spec metal foot pedals stock , front and rear bumpers different and turn signals in front,

2 wings and the nismo tail trolly wing available ot no wing , bigger sway bars infront 24mm the other one I checked had 22mm( gtt )

lots of elctronics on the engine have revised plugs with different pin outs

I could pretty sure it breaks the law of copyright , its like 20 pages

Have one for 98 r34 as well

And 2001 Gtr

2009.10.11.12. R35 and 2013 jdm only r35

You should see that one some crazy models and options , race car off the showroom floor !!!

Edited by Carbon 34

Where'd you get em? Wouldnt mind sourcing myself a couple.. I love reading sales brochures lol

There from japan i found a source

He has a bunch of gtr 34 stuff and a little gtt stuff left till i can buy em lol

The R35 stuff came from Au, Uk, US, japan , unopened from nissan, japan 2013 still has the nissan logo seal on the plastic , has a model r35 sales gift to entice you to buy one from nissan , high detailed mounted desk item in nissan box

all kinds of goodies , impul , nismo, blitz dealer catalogs from 2000 model

Special model pamphlets like Black edition R35 , Nismo edition etc

I have a series 2 build date 9/2000 and there is a mountain of things that differ, garrett labeled turbos to start with 206ps

cams are the torque increase, bigger smic , electronics are different using SMD curcuits that dont interchage, side airbags on some cars , lower emissions , heated sunroof and mirrors with super defrost snow option , seats use different cloth inside and out, etc , i have the factory S2 Gt/Gtt etc sales brochure and I was blown away by the options not documented anywhere

7 sedan models, 5 coupe not including gtr!!

fark, makes me want to get rid of my S1 and get a S2. . . although you could close the gap tween the two by fitting a 3 inch exhaust (cheap enough)

Heated sunroof?

Yep to keep the ice from building up on the front edge of the roof and flying off onto the cars backwindow or behind you , my rx7 used to throw sheets of ice and snow off the sunroof down the backwindow and deflect it up off the whale tail

The heated copper tube is between the front and leading edge of the sunroof glass held off the headliner but hooked to the roof on metal clips , blew me away lol wtf is that look

heated mirrors , ditched mine for carbon ganadors already lol

Car is nearly stock on dyno it ran 200kw+ @ wheels and 503nm @ 3100rpm on 10psi and failing cat still pulling power but the cat was glowing before redline so we stopped ( bp 98)

And neo engines

Use GTR rods , solid lifters and series 2 use a N1 style waterpump impeller to reduce cavitation

nissan fast doesnt even have half of the parts in it

Which is annoying When the dealer cant find it lol

Yeah thats one i have , but the big A4 brochure has concept car plans for R34 and lots of other details

Most in japanese but not all lots of photos and spec charts even comparing it with R33

And crash zone charts for the frame

Its pretty interesting since info is so hard to find on lower models of skylines everything is GTR lol

Can someone tell me why manual would have Helical lsd and auto has Viscous? Also why would manual have more torque than auto?

Automatics have a built in slip factor and because of the design less power makes it to the wheels

Automatics in general arent performance base cars they're designed for coffee cups, traffic and being smoothe , only lately has it become a performance option (flappy paddles) semi auto

(Always in drag racing circles due to being able to sit on the exact rpm for launch )

Australia has so many people who don't know how to drive a clutch it forces car companies to build autos , 4 dr's , growing up in the states everyone drove a stick and had 2 dr's , now its lazy drivers everything is huge, traffic brutal, coffee mugs 2 litre size

Some people look a people who drive a stick , turbo, 2dr as hard core rebels lol or mid age crazy

Overall jap cars of the 1970-2000 in auto were cushy cars not beasts an smoothness was more important

Can someone tell me why manual would have Helical lsd and auto has Viscous? Also why would manual have more torque than auto?

I truly have no idea but im gonna go with coz manuals are awesome :)

I love manuals, i've owned about 30 cars in my time but my 34 is my first auto. I only got it coz they were so much cheaper than the manual ones to import, and i have everything except a clutch sitting here to convert it... So i was mainly wondering if it was in the tune that made em have less torque. Good to know it's just coz auto's a power sapping, extra heavy pieces of junk. Still dunno why they'd have a different type of LSD, but I also have a manual diff sitting here too :)

I assume the power figures in the brochure I attached would be power at the fly wheel so the manuals must have a better tune or something that gives it the extra torque. Correct me if im wrong.

The diff from the series 1 is Viscous regardless if its a manual or auto.

Its only the series 2 manuals that came with the helical diff.