SAU Community

1993 R33 Gtst Car Stalls When Brake Pedal Pressed Repeadtley And Porr Car Starting

hey guys i have a 1993 r33 gtst auto that ive just bought now when i start the car especially in the mornings or after its been sitting for a while the car wont start without applying throttle to get her going then the revs picks up for a bit then slowly goes down then goes to stall i give it a small rev then everythings fine again and it will run fine untill i press the brake pedal the cars revs go right down and if i press the brake pedal really fast and repeatability the car will stall ...also under small load or when my foot is on the brake pedal my car misfires sometimes any help on this issue would be great thanks

I wouldn't suggest that it is only a vacuum leak. I would point the finger at your cold start fast idle valve and/or idle control valve. You should look into cleaning these with carby cleaner and make sure they're doing what they're supposed to be doing whilst you are in there looking at the brake booster hose and check valve.

It hasnt had any headwork done i cant see any leaks ive tried carby cleaner revs didnt change the hoses arent split the idle control valve seems to be working fine as the car idles fine once started only has problems when brake applied or under small load lake putting it into gear and leaving the handbrake on it will missfire occasionly also the turbo is on its way out it takes forever to boost and a long time to spool down could that play a role in the issue

ok you need to check the brake booster, disconnect the vac hose going to it and block it off, if the problem goes away you need a new brake booster

Well took the line off it fixed the car stalling when brake pedal pressed but still started poorly now i just found that the boost solenoid is disconnected and there is a nipple on the turbo line that hoes to intercooler just left open will that need to be plugged back up is that causing rough starts

was just about to say if the problem on baking is gone but still on start up its the line to the booster or another cracked vac line, make sure u check the line that connects between the rockers reg aswell, they tent to crack pretty easy

when to drive home tonight bloody car starting spitting then back fired and stalled and wouldnt get going afterwards it would start but it would idle erraticly then when i went to go it would stall i dissconected the afm it idles without black smoke but wont rev over 1700 rpm when afm is reconnected it idles eratticly and wont drive or rev at all does this mean i need a new afm?? .

was also wondering when the car was running for the 5 mins it rans smooth and reved nice on the spot but once it hit about 4grand while driving it felt like it started boost spiking then thats when the afm went again and the car couldnt idle is there another problem or can the air flow partially work at times it has a new turbo now ......but it did it on the old turbo when the afm went the first time aswell thanks

couple of things.... i had very similar problems, not saying you have the same fixes tho! heres what i have done and everything is fine! (for now......)

check gearbox oil, the auto box caused me a lot of stalling problems, just because the oil was low!

check you r tps voltage, set mine, then had to adjust the aac valve screw, and also the throttle cable screw.

check your coil packs, had horrible feeling in the car at about 4 grand, replaced all of mine three where cracked.(this could explain why your boost solenoid was disconnected, to stop the engine going into second stage boost and causing your engine to misfire under full boost)

re gap your Sparks to .8mm. or replace if they are fouled.

give all that a shot bud, i bought a 30 buck consult cable and plugged it in, it showed me tps voltage was wrong and that my 02 sensor was shagged.

silicone tape up your rocker cover breather connector (or replace) mine had split like a bitch and havent been able to find a replacement yet!

that should fill up your saturday!

Got it from auto one he went out back i showed him the piece i had he cut a piece of heatrr hose and gave it to me it doesnt fit square like yhe old one it has a small arch to fit u can get it from sipercheap aswell my last skyline broke the same hose as this one but at the time supercheap had a piece of pre molded heaterhose with the same shape give it a try mate