SAU Community

Are Skylines 'Cop Bait' ?

Guest INASNT

Dont know about other states but vic cops r the biggest ****smokers on the planet!!!

They have all the rights to do wtf they want without consequences going against them when they are wrong 90% of the time.

I have never been randomly pulled over and harrassed in my skyline, and I've had 3 of them.

One being filled with blatantly illegal modifications hs.gif

It's all about driver attitude and how stupid or sensible a driver you are on public roads. Don't drive like a dickhead and you'll be fine.

I take your yes in Melb, and raise you a hell yes for living in Sth Yarra.

I get pulled over all the time - just tootling home from work, or out to the shops.

The usual 'where are you going/doing' questions end when I show my licence and tell them I live around the corner. They usually 'justify' the traffic stop with a lights/tyres check and tell me to drive safe.

Pull over first, ask questions later. They told me they've been told to pull over 'cars like this'.

Haven't been booked (lately) - but they sure waste my time :(

Never stopped in the Subaru (Liberty) or the Civic. Only been pulled over once in the Lada (was covered in mud and couldn't read my numberplate) - cop made a stupid cop joke and left me be.

Are Skylines Police bait...?

I like to think of them as Police magnets..

Since I've had mine I have been pulled over more times in a couple of months than I had been pulled over in 20 years...

Everytime I get pulled over I am doing 60k's and driving in a most appropriate manner. The Police do a quick Lic Plate check incase its stolen and then say g'day (I would appriciate it more if it was stolen) All except one who was three cars back in another lane during bumper to bumper traffic and pulled me over. He was a hero and I sleep so well at night knowing he is patroling our streets (Ars3 wipe)

If your a smart ass then they will ring your ass. But if your nice there OK most of the time.

If it has really really big wheels, a humongous silver FMIC sitting way out in front, and a four inch exhaust tip, and an exhaust note with real ATTITUDE. And you look about 20yo and wear a baseball cap, the cops will not like you.

Trust me on this.....................

Much better to hide everything, keep that 400Kw engine really quiet, and enjoy your motoring when nobody is looking.

i was comin back from broadie the other week and i got stopped for a rbt...they pulled over 4 cars at a time and i was at the back, my mate was infront of me.

as we left, i got stopped at the front again and the lady police officer asked if i had been breathalized yet...i said yes (i really had been aswell) and she calmly says "please blow into the tube and stop when i tell you to" or whatever they say...

didnt even listen to me the little scrag...

im on my P's so i cant really have anything to drink when drivin...

I shouldn't have a license at the moment and I never get pulled over... I think it comes down to knowing where you are driving, what cops are driving and the general "hot Spots" If you follow these rules you will limit your interaction with those nice little police people.

I am a very naughty boy and keep meaning to record some of this for prosterity...I'll see what I can do. I am sure some people on here would like to see it, and those that don't...I wouldn't even show you anyway so don't even start me...

Just be assertive and don't let them (cops) walk all over you. We have rights, and looking these up on a civil liberties site might be a good start...

you boys will never know what PIG B8 really is until you drive a rotor.

i once did get pulled over by a paddy wagon full of police dudes who after telling me it was a random breath test then asked me how much i was selling my skyline for.

but not really any probs in thre skyline that is.

Guest INASNT

all the people saying its about attitude and crap move to melbourne and see how far attitude gets u.

I've been ok with cops.

I mainly drive in the north west... castle hill, auburn, granville, out to Vietnamland and maybe out to Lane Cove, Chatswood. I admittedly drive fast, on quiet backroads I give it a bit of a cain.

Never had much problem with cops I could not talk out of. Those of you who've seen my know it's pretty stock looking except for wheels and the loud-ish exhaust. I often even tempt fate.

I pulled into a Shell servo and there were half a dozen Hwy Patrol SS Commodores on a refuel/porkroll break. By the time I woke up to myself I was already 'committed' to the fuel pump and you'd look suspicious if you drove straight out again.

Well you could cut the tension with a knife! I never felt so many eyes on the back of my neck.

T.

If it has really really big wheels, a humongous silver FMIC sitting way out in front, and a four inch exhaust tip, and an exhaust note with real ATTITUDE. And you look about 20yo and wear a baseball cap, the cops will not like you.

Trust me on this.....................

Much better to hide everything, keep that 400Kw engine really quiet, and enjoy your motoring when nobody is looking.

heheh, :werd:

I have been driving imports for over 3 years, a 180sx followed by my r32, and have lived in melbourne, canberra and sydney during that time ( my job moves me around a bit ). I have NEVER once been pulled over and targeted due to the car i was driving.

It is (in my experiance) that you have to be doing something that makes you stand out to be pulled over, and i have found that driving an import does not make you a target.

Well i know every one says if you stand out in the crowd or do something stupid you will get pulled over well hows this i wasn't doing anything i was stoped at a red traffic light when an unmarked cop car pulled up next to me and told me to wind my window down so i did and he goes can you just pull over down the next street we want to go over your car i was yeah ok. Then he gets me for crap beeing too low the thing is standard hight it had 2 ppl in the back parked in a gutter then got me for boost gauge that was it stupid cops i done nothing wrong just at the lights !! i wrote a letter saying about the hight of the car but i still had to pay the fine they said the only way you will get off if the cop who gave it too u lifts it so i spoke to him and he said if you drive that type of car thats what happens !!!! i mean how bad is that so if u drive a bucket of sh**that is realy unroad worthy you wont get done i think its all revenue rasing crap!! well thats my 2 cents any one else been told to be pulled over cause i thought it was funny i didn't even get pulled over just waitin for the lights to change !

Guest INASNT

Just remember that the law states that 'In the opioion of the office' which means even if u had a totally stock car, in 'his' opionion, even tho hes opinion is worth less than a pile of shit' he can canary u. If his findings are found to be false, then u still have to pay the $165 fine and he gets away with it. The laws are written to protect cops, and unless u have the time and money to take it to court, they cops with always get away with this type of shit. U can blame the vic government and bracks for bringing in all these laws and legislations that basically tell a motorist 'F*K YOU' u have no rights when driving a car.