SAU Community

Help Me Maintain Motivation

Yo-Yo

Put this up for myself as I have kind of Plateaued as of late with my progress, need a kick in the pants to keep me going.

As of February 2012 I decided I have had enough of my love handles.

Weighed in at 88kg & would fluctuate between 87-90kg before then.

height: 171cm 5"7

naturally stocky build, was never a skinny kid growing up. always had broad shoulders for my size so it helps hide the fat with loose tshirts, but got to a stage where even that couldn't hide it.

Currently weigh: 76kg so lost 12 kg in 6 months. main difference is stepping up my cardio & ab workouts at the gym + cutting out a lot of junk food meals I would normally eat

I have been hovering around 76-77kg for the last 2 months. I'm not really concerned with my final weight figure, concentrating more on getting rid of the last bits of my love handles & getting back the abs I had when I was a teenager.

I think I've reached the limit of results I can achieve just going to the gym, If I'm going to get my abs back I'll need to work on my diet ie; cut out all the junk food!

Work & life in general keeps me very busy, not always easy to cook at home

milestone05.jpg

2012-07b.jpg

haha thanks dude :laugh: I'm trying to find pics of when I had more weight on my midsection as I wanted to do one of those before & after shots, but I shied away from cameras for a reason

gonna aim to break into the 75kg range in 1-2 weeks, just maintain the stuff I'm doing at the gym.

Anyone got tips for core strength & abdominals? too much conflicting advice on the net.

I'm trying to get the lean look not necessarily the large bulging six pack

cheers

Edit: Found some old pics maybe 2 years old when I was pushing 95kg

DSCF2521.jpgDSCF2518.jpg

compared to a pic taken this morning

2012-08-02080809.jpg

You needs some muscles, do more body weight exersizes.

And drink more beer.

ABS is for cars to stop the wheels locking up.

Seriously though, Good work mate, Ive gone from 87 and feeling fat and shit to 79 and Im feeling much better.

^ ahaha that's one way to keep me motivated cheers :happy:

I work near a food court so too much temptation, but too lazy to prepare food from home. I'm obviously not a fitness health freak so I try to compromise;

During a week I'll get things like grilled fish with garden salad no dressing, subway 6" sub lean meat no cheese wholegrain bread or a sammich from a cafe.

I still get a red rooter/kfc meal 2-3 times a week which is a bad habit so I'm trying to cut this out, just need to ween myself off it gradually, I gave up smokes cold turk3y but I can't seem to do it for junk food FFS!

It's more of a lifestyle change, but do go stupid on diets or supplements, people end up relying on them to much, just try to limit you carb intake a bit and keeep active and you'll be fine.

^ thanks! I appreciate the kind words

Looking back I can't believe I was lugging that weight around for so long.

My gym recently decided they needed to fill up every bit of floor space with machines & benches. Literally no more decent floor space to do proper ab workouts, Farken!

• 1 month later...

milestone07_zps040fb8db.jpg

so close to crackin 74kg

been hovering between high 75kg to mid 76kg range for the last few weeks

I've increased my weights & have noticed I'm bulking up a bit more so I'd probably already be there if I wasn't building up muscle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...