SAU Community

Positive Feedback - Top Secret Service Center

JGTC

Hi all, i know a lot of the more-informed gents have their own mechanics they stick to, but i just wanted to give some a good wrap to the fellas over at the Top Secret Service Center (an extension of Top Secret Imports in Blacktown) as they were extremely helpful to go beyond the duty of care to keep my pedantic tenancies in check

called up the guys to see if they could help with an engine malfunction light my R34 was throwing up, they were more than happy to scan/diagnose - turned out to be an ignition fault, usual suspects being either the crank angle sensor (CAS), ignition coils or the actual harness. they scanned and cleared the code, and advised to keep an eye on it in case it came back as the stock ECU can sometimes be temperamental and throw out an erroneous codes. From this alone i was given the impression that they were not just after something to fix so they could bill me for it - which i thought was pretty considerate

also worthy of mention is the car was running smoothly, no rough idles or misfiring whatsoever, only the malfunction light

2 weeks down the track the engine light returns, i thought f**k im pretty sure something is definitely suss, car was still running smoothly so i was just baffled. took the car back and dropped it off for analysis, this was pretty thorough as they diagnosed as much as they could without taking the coils out so to not charge me unnecessary labor costs if it could be found/fixed before hand - turns out though the problem was that 2 of the coils were not responding with the correct frequency when diagnosed with a scope

to double check that it was the coilpacks and not the harness, the coils were individually tested which confirmed the fault lied in the coils - odd i thought as the car was running perfect beforehand

i sourced a new set of 6 OEM Nissan Coilpacks from another user on here RBceffy25 - http://www.skylinesa...__fromsearch__1

top bloke i might add, prompt with delivery and also was more than happy to replace one of the coils which turned out to be faulty from the factory, which is rare from a private sellers imo

20120731_172939_resized.jpg

also to failsafe it i picked up a new OEM coilpack loom & new copper spark plugs as the existing one can be brittle and cause grief down the track - Andrew @ Kudos Motorsport was very helpful in getting these to me promptly even before my payment cleared

20120731_171456_resized.jpg

the whole time Top Secret had my car they were very accommodating with my inquiries and when the car had to go back the 2nd time due to the new faulty coil, and although they had to open up the car, test and replace the new-faulty coil with the replacement they actually let me off without charging me for the re-work - although i don't expect this to happen everytime, they were willing to to go far and beyond the standard duty of care to ensure i was happy when i pulled out of their workshop - even though the parts were supplied by me and it was not their responsibility to cover it

they were even kind enough to wash the car for me as it had been stationed at the workshop for a good 3-4 weeks while the car was having its time of the month, and instead of starting my car, reversing it out of the shop and turning it off (which fouls up the plugs and oil), they went through the trouble of pushing it in and out of the shop every day for the time it was there whilst it was there

so although every thing that could go wrong, went wrong, i still left with a good impression of their workshop and would not think twice to take my car back for any future troubleshooting

big wrap to the head mechanic Pete, Jack and the fellas for keeping my blood pressure down for the last month whilst my baby was in their hands, cannot thank them enough

TL:DR short: Top Secret Service Center are not your usual mechanics, they stand out from the crowd with their level of care, expertise and attention to details and customer service

Top Secret Service Center;

Jack (director) or Pete (head mechanic)

Unit 2, 1-3 Carnegie Place, Blacktown

Phone: (02) 9621 5700

[email protected]

http://www.topsecret....au/index-1.php

just a pic of my car so if you see me around throw a wave or a toot my way

P1030480.jpg

Edited by squareznboxez

I agree 100% i bought my car from top secret a few weeks back and from start to finish they updated me and did everything they could to make sure i was happy even detail and service the car special thanks to Garland and the boys from the showroom and Gary for the detail work.

good to hear from others with positive experiences - i just thought it would be useful for others who might be looking at using these guys as there is a lot of places to get stung from

have used them for plenty of other services/repairs prior and will continue to use them for skyline specific problems

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, if only there was this sort of feedback from some of the performance shops up my way. Both of the "performance centres" have closed down due to being dodgy.

Glad to hear there are people in the business that take care of prescious vehicles as if it were their own.

for sure mate, and by no means am i tooting these guys as being perfect or godsends, but they are very willing to help out when something goes south (regardless of who is at fault) which happens to the best of us. that is what i find to be the difference between Jack & Pete is that they genuinely want you to return the next time you have an issue with your car - this is their main objective imo

for sure mate, and by no means am i tooting these guys as being perfect or godsends, but they are very willing to help out when something goes south (regardless of who is at fault) which happens to the best of us. that is what i find to be the difference between Jack & Pete is that they genuinely want you to return the next time you have an issue with your car - this is their main objective imo

It's very smart of them to work like that too, because i garauntee every customer they have will go and tell everyone how good they were just like you're doing now and that will only bring them more business and more money.