SAU Community

Maybe the TMU arent so bad after all...

Horus

After driving to work this morning, my view of the TMU has changed completely! Well for the moment at least :(

So it goes like this..

Im driving to work this morning, running a little bit late, so as I approach the chapel/commercial intersection(coming down commercial road) I notice that its 9 o clock, so I put my foot and go through the intersection a bit fast.

Next instant I hear a siren and see disco lights behind me as a TMU car pulls onto commercial from chapel, so I stop immediately. The cop gets out of his car and then asks me why I was speeding. I apologize, and tell him I was speeding because I was late to work. He tells me that its dangerous to speed through that intersection, and that many pedestrians have been killed there due to negligent drivers.

He then tells me that if I want to speed, I should do it further up the road where there are less pedestrians. Im serious

Next thing he takes my license back to his car, runs the necessary checks, and then comes back. As usual, the copper checks that Im wearing 'corrective lenses' and then comes the big punch.

The copper tells me I have 2 options: I can either take the fine/loss of points for speeding, and will have to take the car in for a roadworthy, or he can give me a $105 fine for 'failing to stay in marked lanes' with no loss of points, guess which option I took ;)

So I got off pretty lightly, and by a TMU cop as well!!! Maybe they arent as bad as they are made out to be, or maybe this was just a nice cop....

Either way, I thought Id share this story with you guys, not to endorse speeding, but to show that even TMU cops arent always bastards

that is pretty decent

my mate just moved to america... he told me last night he got caught speeding, doing 60mph in a construction zone (usually 60mph but down to 35 because of constructoin)..

he said it was a 440USD fine....plus points(or however it works) OR he can do a day course on safe driving or some crap which costs him 100 bucks, looses no points, and doesn't have to pay the 440 fine..

now that is a good idea, much better than our 'he's doing 3km over the speed limit - WHAT A SYCO QUICK TAKE HIS LICENSE'

ehe thats like what happened to me, got caught doing 200+ in a 60 zone and all i got was 'overtaking in the left lane', i still lost points, but only 2 and $165 fine, instead of him taking my licence for 2 years which is what he could have done (he showed me in his book)

i drive slow now

ehe thats like what happened to me, got caught doing 200+ in a 60 zone and all i got was 'overtaking in the left lane', i still lost points, but only 2 and $165 fine, instead of him taking my licence for 2 years which is what he could have done (he showed me in his book)

i drive slow now

Geez mate - the speed you were caught doing gets higher and higher every time you tell the story! Can't wait to find out how fast you were doin the next time you tell it! lol

:Bang:

lol thats coz they took 5 mins to puloll me over coz first i was generally speeding about 80 in 60 past a rexie, almost hit the rexie coz his lights werent on and then rexie driver got angry n floored it so we had a drag but rexie whooped me (must have been killer worked this thing was mental) and the rexie turned off so i kept going down a hill at about 180 by then but when the cops caught me n pulled me over (i was back to regular speed by then) i checked powerfc top speed and that was on 230ish lol

i have since changed my ways

HAHAHAHAH!!!! Up the anty lol!

Dont tell me you werent tempted by the ferrari on the weekend :(

Horus... your a retard, how can they get you for speeding?

The camera's doesnt work at a 90degree angle.

And in the 1 second it would have taken you to go through the intersection... they woulndt have been able to even turn it on.

yes ash I know, but he could have still been an asshole, done a roadworthy inspection, given me some other more expensive bullshit fine, etc, so Im quite happy at the end of the day

No, but he was totally being an asshole.

See, he lied and told you he'd do you for speeding (which he could never prove)

So he gave you what seemed as 'soft option' in your eyes... so he got you for something when you sohuld have gone for nothing.

SCUM, the lot of em.

And a loan? Werent you gonna get it brought for you?

30years? bullshit.. $30k loan will take about 5 years at $300 a fortnight.. not that bad..

and last i checked the price of an R33 GTR was about the same as an aussie S15

:werd:

I've paid off my 14k loan in just about 2 years.

It's easy as. And i've had heaps to spare and i dont get paid a lot