SAU Community

Group Buy - V35 Sedan & Coupe Body Kits

Hey guys,

I'm organizing a group buy for whoever is interested in a new body kit for their v35s, just let me know which part you're after so I can put your name down.

I got quoted $675 for shipping alone for just the front bumper, if we buy multiple amounts, we will get it a lot cheaper.

I'm from South East Melbourne so if you live in Melbourne, you could come and pick it up from me to save you money from shipping :)

The company we are buying it from is a vendor name "BAUSauto" from G35driver forum, I was told they have just about every body kit you can find

Please note that some of the front bumpers don't come in poly if that's what you're after, but let me know if you want poly or not and I'll ask if they have the front bumper in poly.

-itsRICHARD - 04 Sedan - Fiberglass KuRookie Front Bumper & NisRookie Side Skirts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you are trying to do people a favour here, but I hope you realise that as soon as you go over $1,000 worth of items you WILL get picked up by customs and have to pay around 25% in duty plus 10% gst on the whole value of parts, duty plus shipping .... so you need to factor that in to what prices you expect people to pay.

I know you are trying to do people a favour here, but I hope you realise that as soon as you go over $1,000 worth of items you WILL get picked up by customs and have to pay around 25% in duty plus 10% gst on the whole value of parts, duty plus shipping .... so you need to factor that in to what prices you expect people to pay.

25% in duty???? Thats not right.

Duty is 5%, not including shipping costs. Then you pay GST on the base cost + duty + shipping

So if it was $1000 it would be

($1050 + Shipping) x 1.1 = Total Cost

Haha nah, I much prefer the KuRookie bar, to each and his own :)

Damn, if anything I'll just order with 1 or 2 other members from Melbourne, PM me if you're keen

Edited by itsRICHARD

25% in duty???? Thats not right.

Duty is 5%, not including shipping costs. Then you pay GST on the base cost + duty + shipping

So if it was $1000 it would be

($1050 + Shipping) x 1.1 = Total Cost

Is that right? How many things exactly have you brought in and gone through this? Is assure you - it is never as low as 5%.

Is that right? How many things exactly have you brought in and gone through this? Is assure you - it is never as low as 5%.

I've imported a fair bit of stuff for my job and im doing some stuff as we speak

Example 3: An importation of goods (other than tobacco products or alcoholic beverages) valued above A$1000

A$

Customs value (Cval)

Customs duty (Duty) @ 5% of Cval

(Payable)

International transport and insurance or postage (T&I)

Value of the Taxable Importation (VoTI) (Cval+Duty+T&I)

Goods and Services Tax (GST) @ 10% of the VoTI

(Payable)

Total payable Duty + GST

from - http://www.customs.g...te/page5549.asp

edit: might be different if its not a business?

Edited by NORBY

Yes, I believe it is different if not a business. And by my calculation $325 on $2,000 is a 16% 'charge', and that is not including the cost of a customs broker, storage/holding fee while inspecting (which they can pass on to you), and other various charges I have been stung for in the past. From memory I don't think I have gotten out of for an effective charge of under 25% yet.

Anyways, yes, keeping it under $1k per shipment is your best bet OP - that is all I was pointing out.

And yes Sean, current shipping costs are INSANE - the USA has recently put them up significantly yet again.

Yes, I believe it is different if not a business. And by my calculation $325 on $2,000 is a 16% 'charge', and that is not including the cost of a customs broker, storage/holding fee while inspecting (which they can pass on to you), and other various charges I have been stung for in the past. From memory I don't think I have gotten out of for an effective charge of under 25% yet.

Anyways, yes, keeping it under $1k per shipment is your best bet OP - that is all I was pointing out.

And yes Sean, current shipping costs are INSANE - the USA has recently put them up significantly yet again.

fair call :) I guess i didnt include GST which we are claiming through the business

Carry on fella's

Edited by NORBY

Okay, so I got this message from Eric just now:

"But we have no way to avoid the duties. What we've done before in the past was to discount the parts.. so say example if your bill is $1000.. we have make two payments.. one is $600 one is $400 and we put on the invoice that you have $600 credit and total it out to $400 + shipping or something like that."

So if anyone wants to buy their bumpers let me know so I can get a quote and work out duty fees for you as well.

EDIT: Was told it would take about 2-4 weeks for the bumper to arrive, depending on when the ship sails

Edited by itsRICHARD

^^^ nah Eric is wrong - customs don't actually care what is written on the invoice - if you are bringing in 5 bodykits, then you have CLEARLY exceeded the $1k threshold - and THEN they will work out full tote odds retail, slug you duties on what they think the shipment is worth, and then fine YOU AND the SUPPLIER for colluding to provide a false invoice .... just so you know.

Keep shipments under $1k and you will be fine, else bend over and take the duties at around 25% total as per previously mentioned. Sadly due to how amazingly hard we get ripped off here in Aus, often bringing in goods legit from USA and paying full duties you are almost always still HEAPS ahead of prices you would pay locally.

Alright, looks like I'll be ordering it with 1 other member who's after a body kit, I'll be ordering 1 bumper and side skirts, box will be able to fit another bumper and side skirt and also small accessories.

Please let me know ASAP if you're willing to go through with this, I'm hoping to put the order through before the end of next week hopefully

i want a nismo poly urethane bumper and side skirts.....if that is available, i am happy to be a part of this...

P.S: give me a list of poly bumpers that they have for me to choose from...thanks Richard

Edited by shiva