SAU Community

What Products For Cleaning Wheel Arches?

Hi All,

For those who bother doing it, what products do you use for detailing your wheel arches?

The standard cleaning part I just use generic products and brushes, however for the next step I'm currently looking at two products to bring out the shine - '303 Aerospace' and 'Meguiars All Season Cleaner'.

There are up and down sides to both -

303 Aerospace is water based so as soon as it gets wet, its pretty much gone. Approx $25 a bottle. Can also be used on engine bays with fantastic results. For me, the fact that it does not last too long is not an issue my the car is always washed once a week without fail.

All Season Cleaner is a Meguiars product with a great reputation however would have to get this imported from the UK @ approx $100 a bottle.

I'll probably end up trying out both, as they both appear to meet my requirements for one thing or another - but interested in any personal experiences with this.

Thanks.

you could try carpro PERL.

It's pretty cheap, and since you dilute it you get quite alot out of that one bottle.

it's really easy to apply, you just spray it on and let it dry, although for areas like engine bays I tend to use an applicator.

It could be good for doing your wheel arches though since you just spray it on? It's also really cheap.

It's decently durable, but not particularly great, especially if diluted. 303 is probably a bit better. But then again - if you're washing it every week this is a cheap solution and easy to use?