SAU Community

Braided Brake Lines

DaveB

Hi,

This doesn't seem to have come up for a while. Anybody know if anyone has ADR-approved braided lines as an "off-the-shelf" item for series 2 C34?

I have been through dozens of topics and had lots of correspondence with companies who say "we only have Skyline on the shelf. But if you send yours in, we should be able to copy it...".

Not an option for me. Does anybody have lines for the stock series 2 C34 brake setup (auto RS-Four)?

thanks

DaveB

Thanks Raymond. I don't have FAST so if anyone is able to oblige... I'm fairly certain that the Stagea lines are unique though. It's been established elsewhere that they're not the same as '33 or '34 (mainly because they're a different length, and I think the stagea has an extra hard line). Oh and banjo vs threaded fittings etc.

Edited by DaveB

if you can wait a few months, gktech said they are going to be doing them soon

adr approved are silly cheap like $130 front and rear or something ridiculous

thats the suit r33/r34 btw but we should be able to use them by reusing our banjo bolts

That sounds good Bob... last time I contacted Maltech they said they only did series 1. Do they really do series 2 now?

Tom I'm pretty sure R33 and R34 lines are too different to use, besides just the banjo bolts? I seem to remember they are too short and lack an extra hard line section which the stagea has... can anyone confirm?

That sounds good Bob... last time I contacted Maltech they said they only did series 1. Do they really do series 2 now?

Sorry didn't realise they were different - but they still might have some. A lot of people were into it about 3 or so years ago - maybe email or phone them

yeah i think gktech said that they are making a braided line that replaces the intermediate hard line

so theoretically, they should be similar to stagea ones, im running r34 brakes with stagea lines, so the reverse may well fit

i'll try and be the test mule!

if your not desperate for them you could stand to save a fair bit of money