SAU Community

7 Elevens Fuel !

They're supposed to be running Mobil petrol as far as I know. Their 98 octane is supposed to be Mobil Synergy. Iv used them before with no issues but who knows what they're up to these days tho. Iv had a bad batch of bp ultimate once too and car ran like shit.

was it 98 octane but? None of the 7/11 in my area have 98 only 95 which they call premium

I use their 95 in my xtrail & I'll get avg 500k's to a tank city driving not much better milage from bp or shell 95 maybe an extra 20-30k's if that

I've used my local 711 premium 98, had no problems. My local 7-Eleven had their tanks replaced recently after 10 or so years. I don't blame them for putting out botched fuels since it's not just them. Time goes by, tanks age and can get cracks where water seeps in. has anyone actually taken a sample and tested it?

Just sayin

I allways try to fill up at big popular servos,the lil quiet one that a filled up in on the central coast

a month back had very bad 98,high knock an my 33 ran like crap.

Got home put 98 in at a new servo and all good again no high knock,allso changed fuel filter.

Do a lot of ks so change it every 5 to 10000. :yes:

Time goes by, tanks age and can get cracks where water seeps in. has anyone actually taken a sample and tested it?

Just sayin

Yes, many 7/11s are built as recycled servos above old tanks.

Then again, there are quite a few old servos with big names on them too.

So just try and go to the places you trust.

And if you have mates over, let them know where those ones are eh?

Yeah if anyone is around Fairfield West, the 711 on Hamilton Rd corner of The Boulevarde had their tanks replaced less than 3 months ago, I'd be safe enough to say that the old ones are probably older than I am. Only two places that I go to fill up (unless I'm critically low) is that one and BP on The Horsley Drive near Tangerine St.

Any fuel station would be good if there's 98 octane and the queues are massive.

Fresh fuel's a guarantee with these stations.

I also never fill up if the tanker's there or has been there that day ;)

I assume it's because when they pump the fresh fuel in, it kicks up the sediments? If not then please explain!

As Terry said fancy looking convenience stores built on old tanks..they are more interested in selling donuts and slushies to fat people than quality fuel to motorists..

Even united are doing a far better job supplying quality fuels.

Its a real shame Caltex didn't get the buyout rights to Mobil..we could have had alot more eflex and quality vortex diesel available..

Instead we have to deal with Apu and his quik-e-mart junk. :(