SAU Community

Irl Shooter: Patient 0

Cowboy1600

That. Was. Awesome.

We were booked in for 8:40 but IRL Shooter Facebook was suggesting not turning up for an hour after planned as they were running a couple hours behind.

Turned up about 9:30 and were told we would be in by around 11:20, hopefully. Went to the pub for an hour and got the call "Come back and we'll get you ready to roll".

Headed back, stood in the rego building having a right laugh with the guy there who had been at it for about 15 hours and still had a smile and was happy to chat. The guy was totally knackered as all the staff we saw, but they were still on. Props.

After about 25 minutes we got the call. We were taken to a door, told to line up single file and when we were ready, bash on the door. So we did.

I won't go too much into what happened next cause I don't want to possibly spoil it for anyone. It's best lived. But I will say the work that has gone into it was amazing. The set design, story line, actors, gameplay, everything was brilliant. We had a blast. There are some thing they can do for next time round that will absolutely improve the experience, but last night was great. My whole team loved it, everyone we spoke to loved it.

If you are thinking about having a dig, do it. It's $125 well spent.

I can't wait for next year.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome.

mind giving us some more detail on the weaponry?

Full size, full weight M4 replicas. By then end of the night my arms were stuffed. They look great and are metal so feel very robust. Can fire in semi or full and there's a reload button on the side. At the moment it's simply push to reload, but they intend on introducing timers and the like, so push the button and it takes 10 seconds to reload.

Eventually it's their intention to have difficulty levels which will introduce limited ammo and lives of varying degrees. That, combined with four man teams and recoil on the weapons, will really make it something special.

Edited by Cowboy1600

Full size, full weight M4 replicas. By then end of the night my arms were stuffed. They look great and are metal so feel very robust. Can fire in semi or full and there's a reload button on the side. At the moment it's simply push to reload, but they intend on introducing timers and the like, so push the button and it takes 10 seconds to reload.

Eventually it's their intention to have difficulty levels which will introduce limited ammo and lives of varying degrees. That, combined with four man teams and recoil on the weapons, will really make it something special.

Did they actually have the fixed stock? Because that would suck.

Did they actually have the fixed stock? Because that would suck.

Yes, fixed stock. And why is that so sucky? It's obvious that you're not a fan of something you've never done, but I'm not sure why a fixed stock sucks.

The guns were modified airsoft weapons.

Yes, fixed stock. And why is that so sucky? It's obvious that you're not a fan of something you've never done, but I'm not sure why a fixed stock sucks.

The guns were modified airsoft weapons.

Because it's heavy and long, I thought that would be self evident. Like using the long barrel, completely pointless. It's not like the M4 has a lack of options. M4 with folding or collapsable stocks are ~$400 AUD or less (full metal, electric or gas). For an urban/indoor environment there is no reason to use the long version no matter what you are using it for. Well, maybe if you are using it as a poking stick.

They explain the reason for the stock as it holds the speaker for shots ect

But yes a short barrel would be better and people are less likely to smack

It against things

They explain the reason for the stock as it holds the speaker for shots ect

But yes a short barrel would be better and people are less likely to smack

It against things

They are converted to laser, nothing in the mag and a speaker there instead of in the stock would give it more realistic balance.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the Patient 0 thing last sunday.

One word. Awesome.

Initially I thought "gloyfied laser tag" with dodgy actors etc... I was wrong.

Instincts just kick in, it's your own mind that makes the experience real, even though you try to convince yourself it is all actors.

The zombies are believable, I nearly elbowed one in the face when it grabbed my shoulder (even though it's a no contact rule).

I recommend everyone experience it at least once.

Can't aust just get airsoft. Seriously sometimes our laws make no sense.

and how i would give to bring a BB gun back from asia....they have so many and so cheap too. rifles, snipers, etc. could shoot those pesky golden orb spiders in summer and those annoying magpies/possums.

i meant this in the context of: are they allowed to touch you/does that constitute you losing health/a life etc etc

You start losing health once they get within 3 meters of you. The closer they get, the faster it goes. They kinda aren't meant to ever catch you, but heck, they are actors/real people ergo things happen. It's part of what adds to the whole experience cause you simply don't know what's going to happen next.

You start losing health once they get within 3 meters of you. The closer they get, the faster it goes. They kinda aren't meant to ever catch you, but heck, they are actors/real people ergo things happen. It's part of what adds to the whole experience cause you simply don't know what's going to happen next.

Yep - that's right - things happen.

In my scenario one of the zombies "came back to life" after I killed it. It snuck up when I let my guard down, got me on the shoulder and I naturally swung my elbow and rifle at it. LOL. The actor was obviously expecting me to react and ducked down. Some of my mate immediately put a few rounds into it.

That. Was. Awesome.

We were booked in for 8:40 but IRL Shooter Facebook was suggesting not turning up for an hour after planned as they were running a couple hours behind.

Turned up about 9:30 and were told we would be in by around 11:20, hopefully. Went to the pub for an hour and got the call "Come back and we'll get you ready to roll".

Headed back, stood in the rego building having a right laugh with the guy there who had been at it for about 15 hours and still had a smile and was happy to chat. The guy was totally knackered as all the staff we saw, but they were still on. Props.

After about 25 minutes we got the call. We were taken to a door, told to line up single file and when we were ready, bash on the door. So we did.

I won't go too much into what happened next cause I don't want to possibly spoil it for anyone. It's best lived. But I will say the work that has gone into it was amazing. The set design, story line, actors, gameplay, everything was brilliant. We had a blast. There are some thing they can do for next time round that will absolutely improve the experience, but last night was great. My whole team loved it, everyone we spoke to loved it.

If you are thinking about having a dig, do it. It's $125 well spent.

I can't wait for next year.

I did this on 30th Nov and was awesome fun!

Did you complete the side missions?