SAU Community

Bcnr33 Exhaust On Ecr33?

Hey all,

So I've got the option to upgrade my exhaust to something a little more 'special' at what I consider a fairly good price. My car is a 1996 S2 M-Spec R33 GTS-T. I have access to a HKS Hi-Power exhaust however, it's only listed for the BCNR33 RB26DETT. As far as I'm aware the system is only cat back. I've tried searching and I can't find a definitive answer so...

The question is - Will a HKS Hi-power cat back exhaust listed for a BCNR33 RB26DETT fit my ECR33 RB25DET with no hassle ie - mounting points are the same etc..

I've read that the R32 GTS-T and R32GT-R's are interchangeable, is this this same with R33's?

Thanks for that, a little reassurance is good to hear :D. Just didn't want to go and spend the money then realize I'd have to find a GT-R owner willing to buy it :rolleyes:.

How was the ground clearance on both exhausts and what brand? (just out of curiosity)

Ah thanks man. I was really looking forward to getting this new exhaust but when I spoke to the guy he said it's not going to fit because it's designed for the RB26DETT - even though it's just a cat back. I'm usually an impulse buyer however, this is a little much to take the gamble on unfortunately. I'm guessing each exhaust bends/welds look different from manufacturer to manufacturer. I tried comparing my existing exhaust to one the same as I was going to get. The mount brackets look slightly different on the cannon tip (ones really short ones really long).

Has anyone successfully fitted a HKS hi-power GTR exhaust to their GTS-T?

Catback wise GTR or GTST will be exactly the same. Mounting points are the same, Reason they're located differently is probably because one cannon is designed to mount at a different angle to the other.