SAU Community

Sleeping

starwarz

it'll be diet related.

or in figjams case, not enough micronized isowhey creatinandoline.... pineapple flavour.

starwars never came back in here..

you know why?

he did 2 sets of 20 rep squats and is still sleeping..

Edited by TTT

What he described Melatonin would have no affect. He didn't say he had trouble sleeping. He said sleeping didn't make him feel any better. Big difference. Melatonin only really helps insomnia (In some cases) and in small doses (about 3 months or so) apart from that there is very little evidence that says the drug even helps with that.

The most common cause of sleep issues is stress. The OP sounds like he is just stressed at the moment and it will pass. However what FIGJAM explained is a completely different condition.

One of those people who says it won't work, so why even bother trying? Suck my dick. Have/had the same issues as Mitch and melatonin helps. He has nothing to lose but a few dollars.

One of those people who says it won't work, so why even bother trying? Suck my dick. Have/had the same issues as Mitch and melatonin helps. He has nothing to lose but a few dollars.

No need to get butthurt. The drug is great for fixing sleeping paterns and fixing insomnia. But has little to no affect on people that sleep (not take hours to fall asleep, Toss and turn, and wake up). Honestly You are just better off making sure you eat right/Keep hydrated properly and hope that it goes away. Doctors still have no idea why this can occur with some people or what causes it. There is also no known help for it. It's basically try to stay as healthy as possible and sleep as much as you can.

Welcome to falling for a placebo.

+1.

all medication works better when you believe it will.

i had acupuncture. thought it was a load of bollocks, turned out it was a load of bollocks. but yet has help my rehab mate with the same problem.

Welcome to who gives a shit as long as it works?

That is the worst reason I've ever heard for taking a drug. Especially one that does nothing to help with the issue. You are much better off going to a doctor and talking about ways that will actually help.

Not to mention that you can't actually get it in Australia legally. However it is legal to import the stuff. So why go to that much effort for something that messes with your sleep cycles more and if taken for longer than 3 months can have some other more serious side effects. There is a reason why this isn't an over the counter drug in Australia.

I slept like a baby last night.

I've got half a bag of creatine* for the person who can answer why I slept so well.

*used by date may start with 199

you spend that much time in the gym that you cried yourself to sleep knowing youll be forever alone?

That is the worst reason I've ever heard for taking a drug. Especially one that does nothing to help with the issue. You are much better off going to a doctor and talking about ways that will actually help.

Not to mention that you can't actually get it in Australia legally. However it is legal to import the stuff. So why go to that much effort for something that messes with your sleep cycles more and if taken for longer than 3 months can have some other more serious side effects. There is a reason why this isn't an over the counter drug in Australia.

A drug working is NOT the worst reason people take drugs, it's the ONLY reason people take drugs. Once again, you're saying that it does nothing to help the issue...when it does. I can't do much more than tell you that, as a user, it works for me. I can't comprehend how you can possibly refute this? It's ridiculous.

What effort? Buying off eBay delivered straight to your door? Do you get up to take a piss or just do it in the bed?

Blah blah sidetrack and move onto the legalities and dangers of melatonin after 3 months. Yes, because I recommended he try it for 12 months straight...or you could just admit you were wrong...whichever is easier for you. Melatonin is produced by your body. Trialling it for a week or two is going to do him no harm...and again...he has nothing to lose but a few dollars.

I'm done here, you're ridiculous.

Looks like I left a lot out.

Intentionally,...

After all, tis just a forum.

Liver:- It produces Vit B3 & l-Tryptophan & l-Taurine

Some people don't manufacture enough and it's either genetic along a same sex line (aka agnate) or it's farked up after using certain recreational drugs.

Brain Stem > Circle of Willis:- Here, the l-Tryptophan is converted to 5HTP and then Serotonin. Vit B3 helps the Serotonin to be utilised better.

Pineal Gland:- Excess Serotonin gathers here. Taurine gathers here. Collectively, they form Melatonin. Melatonin is formed to some degree in daylight. Then it's released after sundown. When released, one feels sleepy > throughout the night it helps circadian rhythms and REM.

Supplements:- If your same sex parent has had sleep problems or if you've farked with drugs, Melatonin can be obtained as 5mg lozenges that you suck before bed.

Better still, get a HOD Test (Uni Saskatchewan Inventory) done to see how short you might be of Serotonin. Serotonin deficiencies cannot be tested by scans/blood/urine/hair. If your mind races before going off to sleep, you're likely to be short of B3 & l-Tryptophan > Serotonin > Melatonin.

GL

Oh yes, if you need to get up in the night to do a wee, don't turn on any lights lest the Melatonin release gets turned off. LCD screens will do it too.

Sit down to do it if you have to.

Circadian rhythms dictate quality as well as quantity of sleep.

And quality will depend on...

a) amplitude of brain waves without the REM peaks intersecting with the waking state. The higher the amplitude the better

b) frequency of brain waves per unit time. The more waves per hour the better

Barbiturates of old used to cause slow waves and low amplitude > waking up with headaches as well as fatigue.

Benzodiazepines cause a few more waves per unit time and amplitude is somewhat higher > waking up a bit more rested but some are still fatigued. Valerian herb can do this too.

Meditation and hypnosis > REM peaks close to waking state and frequency of waves are markedly higher. You are also in this state during those minutes before awaking. Tis great when you don't have to get up for a bit.

Anyone use the iPhone app that detects movement as a precursor to alarm-waking at the right moment?

Insulin resistance problems and hypoglycaemia can lead to disturbed sleep.
A telltale sign is a blood sugar dip > listlessness an hour or two after lunch.

Eclectically, there may be about 14 causes of low blood sugar > if that continues for too long > diabetes type-2