D.i.y Compliance

DAN00H

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My complier is telling me that i need a high-mount brake light for my 7/1988 vehicle. Where can i find information to show that this is not required on vehicles pre July-1989 as mentioned earlier?

It is for all MA vehicles and came into affect July 89 not vehicles older then that dont need one,

Yeah, that's what i thought because the Motor Vehicle Standards Act was introduced on 2nd August, 1989. Now i'm trying to find a statement saying that cars only need to be complied to meet ADRs at time of manufacture.

Apposed too making a new thread, does anyone know if I buy a 15 yr old complied car from Victoria, will that compliance count in Queensland? Eg: I get a QLD RWC for it, then get rego. Or will it have too be re complied with a QLD mod plate?

Apposed too making a new thread, does anyone know if I buy a 15 yr old complied car from Victoria, will that compliance count in Queensland? Eg: I get a QLD RWC for it, then get rego. Or will it have too be re complied with a QLD mod plate?

Hey mate, if the car has been regoed in Vic for two yrs + then it should be ok to be transferred straight over to QLD (provided it passes the QLD road safety inspection :) ). I went to change my GTR from ACT to NSW rego and they wanted me to get it re-engineered (ie a new cert issued to show it met the NSW rego regulations).

I rang the guy who did the original cert and he wanted another $100 - $150 (just to issue a new piece of paper basically!) as his engineer number was different from NSW to ACT. I spoke to the NSW RTA and they advised to leave it regoed in ACT until the two years has passed, then it could be transferred no worries. Check with your state transport authority to see what they say.

Me too, I just got my new cheffy today, and took it to downunder autos in leederville/Mt Hawthorn. T

The old ass(hole) their laughed at my car, and told meet to bring it back when I had fixed up the body(Drift) damage on the rear bumper.

He told me $1100 for simply fitting side intrusion bars with a engineers certificate. WANKER! I dont think ill be takin it back.

Nice info DANOOH is going to come in handy.

SideWaysChef

Hey, my car is getting compliance by Jap Parts, now located in Maddington WA. I myself did some of the D.I.Y compliance. But in the end, I decided to take it to Rajesh @ Jap Parts, as my car was fairly unique.

I was referred to him and have found him to be great for those who do there own compliance work, as when he quotes on each car, he doesn’t just quote on a job! He quotes on every individual part that needs to be done in the end for him to sign off on it for ADR.

Give Rajesh a call on 9493 2191. Tell him I (Andrew), from Skylines Australia Forum sent you, and he will look after you. He pretty much already knows to look after the SAU family. So all will be good.

Anyway let me know how it goes.

Andrew

okay, couple of quick questions, i am getting my 32 gtr in at the end of april, looking at doing the compliance myself, so just wondering where in sydney or anywhrer i could get the side intrusion bar kits from and an approx $$$ value, also where can i go to get my car engineered when i have finished, can it be any engineer or a rta authorised one?? anyone got a reccomendation for something round campbelltown/bankstown way? i searched but couldnt find alot about it :S ta...

okay, couple of quick questions, i am getting my 32 gtr in at the end of april, looking at doing the compliance myself, so just wondering where in sydney or anywhrer i could get the side intrusion bar kits from and an approx $$$ value, also where can i go to get my car engineered when i have finished, can it be any engineer or a rta authorised one?? anyone got a reccomendation for something round campbelltown/bankstown way? i searched but couldnt find alot about it :S ta...

Hi Aaron

I posted details at the start of the thread indicating where to get your intrusion bars from :) - tis ok though, I would not want to read all that again!! here is an extract from the start of this post (5th post down) -ISASO in QLD 07 3200 3988 (speak to Steve) Mine cost $280 inc GST and O/N postage to Canberra :)

2nd part of your post, Call the RTA and ask them if they have a list of engineering signatories for the Sydney area (or look in the yellow pages LOL ). it cost me $450, but you should be able to score a better deal in Sydney.

BTW - GTR's ROCK!!! :)

Dan

hehe, kewl kewl, thx for that, i just read further down that they weren't providing them anymore, might have got mixxed up in the posts :) all good...will speak to them and the rta tomorrow...

hehe, kewl kewl, thx for that, i just read further down that they weren't providing them anymore, might have got mixxed up in the posts :) all good...will speak to them and the rta tomorrow...

That would be strange - why do themselves out of business!!! Anyhow, give Steve a call - he was really good when I dealt with him.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, im gettin in an R32 gts-t, and i am thinking of doing the compliance myself. does anyone know of any good engineers in WA that would sign off my compliance work

Cheers Mitch

PM re2 and he will explain what I showed him and what is the easy way to do them,

Hey, my car is getting compliance by Jap Parts, now located in Maddington WA. I myself did some of the D.I.Y compliance. But in the end, I decided to take it to Rajesh @ Jap Parts, as my car was fairly unique.

I was referred to him and have found him to be great for those who do there own compliance work, as when he quotes on each car, he doesn’t just quote on a job! He quotes on every individual part that needs to be done in the end for him to sign off on it for ADR.

Give Rajesh a call on 9493 2191. Tell him I (Andrew), from Skylines Australia Forum sent you, and he will look after you. He pretty much already knows to look after the SAU family. So all will be good.

Anyway let me know how it goes.

Andrew

• 1 month later...

Hey Fellas,

Just read thru this thread and it's inspired me to comply my r32 gtr myself. So from what i read this is what i do.

1. Get side intrusion bars (Anyone know where from in perth?)

2. Change the Seatbelts (Where do i get these in perth ;)

3. Put a high break light in your rear view mirror

4. Tyres (Mine should be allrite)

5. Fuel restrictor (Where do i get this?)

6. Unleaded Petrol Sticker

7. Get an engineer's certficate

Now if i missed anything out please tell me and if anyone who has done this before in WA, your experience would be valuable :P

Cheers,

nOOSE

Noose,

1. A&B Autos Bayswater $125ea, $250 a side ea fitted, not keen on selling as I think they prefer to do the whole compliance job, but will.

2. Did'nt think it had to be done if operating ok..?

3. High mount brake light I got from Kmart $11.00 will fit then remove once complianced probably. Flat drivers Rear view mirror PM Hazerb30 he got me mine $18.

5. Not sure but would like to know...!..?..was going to go to Pick a part wreckers or similar and graft one on from another car.

6. Made one up today on little 'text' sticker machine we have at work. Looks a bit 'Pox' but will do for compliance.

7. My Dad is a Draftsman and knows a few engineers...hes asking around, but if anyones knows someone I'd like to know ;)

8. Child restraint points on rear shelf....SupaCheap $11.00ea pack, easy to install. (Dont go balcatta I bought last 2 :P )

9. Tyre placard....Not sure again like to know...was going to go to Nissan get one for Nissan with similar wheels size...Maxima, Aussie 300zx? and stick on.

10. VIN number to be attached to firewall....Mister Mint or similar can make, pot rivet to Firewall.

(FTR, AB Autos charge qround $800 - $1000 for the whole compliance job which ain't to bad)

btw, Pick my car up tomorow after work :)

I would strongly advised against installing intrusion bars yourself, you can serious mess the way your metal and paint work runs on the doors. This is commonly the problem with professional jobs, and they are the pro, and it still looks shit.

I can speak for myself, that the guys at Jap Part did my car you can’t even tell it has intrusion bars.

Make sure you ask him to see if they can rivet them in, and not weld them in. Welding can cause rapid rust development if it isn’t properly prepped, and this has been documented in quiet a few compliance FAQs. And incase your worried you can’t even see the rivets as they are hidden under the door sealing rubber.

Phils Mechanical also does complaincing and does intrustion bars, and I’m sure both of these guys will sell you intrusion bars if requested.

His contact details are as follows

Phone: 08 9493 3069

Email: [email protected]

Plus he is a SAU forum member his ID is Philmech, Just make sure you mention you got his details of SAU as referred to you by Andrew, he also knows to look after us.

But hey I would strongly recommended against doing it yourself, you got to remember that these guys have to sign off the engineers report, and if your workmanship isn’t up to there standard, it makes it very hard for them to sign off on it, as it is there arse on the line if the shit hits the wall, and a major FINE and loss of RAW.

Well ask DPI who they think should be doing the work and ask who was the workshop using 3 spot welds saying the bars were fitted and charged the $250 each door.

Rear seat belts have to be changed on R32's to ALR-VW as factory ones fail.

Fuel Restrictor is only a few dollars and take 5 mins to fit if you know what you are doing.

Sign of is to be done by certain RAWS and certain mechanical engineers, DPI have the list.

Tyre placards we have sitting around to suit all the cars or have the correct format to print new ones up.

It is now Version 10 due to the cheaper workshops not doing all the work and as we speak all past ones are being audited, you get what you paid for.

If they cant sign it off them self go some were else.

I will pass on some phone numbers if you want to ask what some of the workshops are like.

I can do it and sign it off but dont, their is a good reason as well.