SAU Community

Nismo Clutches

Hey is anyone here using the Nismo G Max Clutch for a GTR R33? Whats it like? Similar to an OS Giken? Want a clutch thats going to be driveable on the street and handle the odd launch, heard the OS is good but I can't be stuffed with an adaptor etc.

Thanks

I have the G Max twin plate in my R33 GTS25T I assume the actual feel of the clutch would be similar in the GTR though I think your's would be Pull type as against my push type.

It feels the same weight as standard but the take up is much more abrupt ie its either in or it's out. Forget about slipping the clutch as you engage.....until you've had a fair bit of practice there just isn't time... and it's not good to slip them either. look forward to a few embarrassing stalls "til you get used to it. Once you've got it sorted out though it's really good...I won't be going back to the normal type. They are supposed to be rattly in neutral and I think the OS Giken is, but mine is not. To sum up I think they are good for about 600hp and much better than going the heavy duty singe plate.

Hey thanks for that, yeah i just got this email back from Nengun regarding their clutches:

"I will be adding all the ORC clutch range to the site soon. I highly recommend the ORC clutch over the Nismo one. Recently I saw the ORC drift car in action. I was absoulutely amazed at how much pressure the clutch was put under. On the nengun site the Black GTR34 has a twin plate ORC clutch in it. They are so strong and you dont get big quads everytime you have to push the clutch in. I stopped selling the OS brand because the flywheels warp. The light weight ORC Flywheel is 4.8 kg the Nismo one is 6.7 Standard is 9.7kgs.

I can sell the Twin plate ORC 709 /700Ps for 113,000 Yen + 23,500 yen for delivery

Total 136,500 Yen @AUS ANZ bank rate 77.12 is $1769.96 AUS

Regards

Brent"

Think i'll probably go with this one

I don't know anything about the ORC twin plates.....but that sounds like a very good price.

If you go ahead with it will you post up your impressions of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed my ORC Racing Ogura Twin Plate on my R33 GTR.. these clutches are a push type & the R33 box is a Pull type. So whilst I was installing the new box & the new clutch we needed the adapters to convert the box from pull to push cost $350 from Nissan for genuine parts. But damn, this cluch and flywheel make such a difference it's amazing. I believe these have the lightest flywheels at around 4kg's and you can tell too. The revving is now so linear and smooth, I actually feel boost comming on ~500rpm earlier. As far as embarrasing moments.. well hey I'm getting use to em, after 2days it's getting easier, the clutch pedal is not bad at all "I dunno what everyones on about how hard they are" in fact it's feels quite normal, maybe a tad harder than the standard pull singles. But definately feels tight and sure. These are also serviceable, so if the clutch dies, you can rebuild them for ~$1000. But the best thing I have to say is that sound... it's freaks everyone out, when you engaged the clutch the Rattle is awesome, cars next to you look and think "what the?" I love rolling all my mechanic mates who claim to be the be all and end all of performance tuners. I'd go past and see'em and tell them to listen to this sound and tell me what it is as I'm worried about it.. they all say "definately your thrust bearing is gone!!" ;) get's em all the time. Amatuers..

I agree with 51jay, th nismo Gmax is a 'hard to get used to' clutch, but it is tough with a good launch ability. Its either on or its off..............you can dump it hard and it just bogs down and goes.

But...................it makes my skyline bloody suicidal to drive in the rain. You dump the clutch, the wheels spin, the motor revs, you make more boost, the wheels spin harder, the motor revs harder, you make more boost etc etc etc You do the best launches on a wet day, and you don't even want to do it [f@#ckin' hard to explain to the cops who are right behind you].

meshmesh..... Glad you like it....i won't say told you so !!. Never said they were hard..as in heavy.. just the opposit.. they feel like standard. But they are on or off!!! heehee!

The Nismo doesn't rattle like the others.

Tridentt150v.....hahaha!....you haven't mastered it yet....I have no problems taking off in the wet....even with cops behind me.

meshmesh ahhh ok, so we still don't know how the ORC goes...

1800 delivered from nengun... someone bite the bullet and get one :rofl:

This is what Brent (from nengun) said to me about the ORC

"700PS. I took a GTR34 for a drive today and felt very smooth. There is noise once you push the clutch in. "

as in can hold 700ps....

Yeah give me a couple of weeks ferni and i'll let you know, the car arrives Friday and then i'll have a quick check to see if it has an aftermarket clutch etc, if it doesn't i'll be ordering the ORC one.

meshmesh ahhh ok, so we still don't know how the ORC goes...

Hi ferni,

Not sure if I'm reading this wrong or not, but my clutch is an ORC Ogura Racing Twin Plate - Push Type Clutch.

Either way, I'm rapt with it. Especially the sound of the rattle. Just got to get use to the take off's, gets a bit embarrasing sometimes.

i may end up ordering one before that, mines at the end of its life...

Somone tried to tel me a twin plate wll get wrecked if you launch to many 6000rpm launches... i would think it would be stronger than a single heavy duty?

Ahh ok...

and your happy with it?

It only rattles when clutch is pushed down to floor (ie disengaged) right?

I'd like to go for a ride in your car/hear/feel the clutch if your willing mesh

Ahh ok...

and your happy with it?

It only rattles when clutch is pushed down to floor (ie disengaged) right?

I'd like to go for a ride in your car/hear/feel the clutch if your willing mesh

I Love it... Makes me feel like a man :)

Yes it only rattles when you push the clutch down, and obviously during gear changes. (whether this is called disengaged or not I dunno)

Just let me know when you wanna go for a ride.. the car should be at ICE either saturday or next week some time.