SAU Community

Varex Exhaust Connection Question

hop1308

so i finally went to the exhaust shop n got it checked out. turns out my control box isnt working (the little black box that reverses polarity n that) they're asking for $70 for a new one with the remote. I've barely got any cash at the moment and was wondering if anyone knows of any places to get them cheaper?

or better yet, i've heard there are ways to by pass the box totally, and just have it wired to a switch or something? i get it takes 12v to close and something about reversing the polarity to open again?

I found this diagram on the internet, is this correct? I don't really understand what its saying. hopefully i can find someone that does :ses5lro.jpg

or this this the correct diagram bellow?

post-78310-0-59408300-1357141955_thumb.jpg

Edited by hop1308

couldn't figure out how to do the wiring at all. just bought a new control box and remote. works a charm.

car sounds stock with the butterfly closed.

I've looked into the legality of it, and it seems the whole system itself is illegal no matter what. because there is a way for that exhaust to be louder than the legal limit, and it can be called a noise cloaking device or somethin like that. not too sure how to get around this if i get pulled over lol

the massive VAREX written ontop of the cannon itself doesnt help. i wish i could sand it off.. seriously considering just putting black tape over it lol, but that might draw more attention to it :\