SAU Community

Nitto Oil Pump, Oil Restritors Rb25

Hi i have a nitto pump in my rb25 with crank coller i removed the inner spring in the pump because i thought the extra pressure would give me oil problems I was advised to restrict the oil to the head which led to lifter and cam failure I removed the restrictor and used the standard restrictors with new hyd lifters and new cams and 5000kms later have had no problems and allways have good oil pressure i also add an extra 500mls of oil at oil changes.

Are you not emptying the stock sump running a high flow pump and with no restritors? Do you have any other oil control?

I've been told a nitto pump would empty a 6.5l and I should get a 9l and mine is only a street car not drifter or track or anything

How is yours going for oil pressure with the inner removed?

My engine builder has removed the inner spring and added a shim...

My restritors are block centre, 1.5mm rear I believe!! The car is just a street daily driver will see street pulls and boost here and there

So you have a nitto pump and have left the standard restritors in?

And not having any oiling problems?

I was gonna get a 9l sump made up as I was even told that in one case a guy had a nitto pump on standard sump and empty the sump in 40secs at full throttle... Was also told 6.5l wouldn't be enough :/

I have an N1 Pump with Billet gears. The engine is not fully assembled yet so no results/answers from me

The oil that would run to the back of the head would be the oil thats passed the lifters/cam journals and is running back down, the pressure side of the galleries would be changed minimally with G's

Yeah Pressure accross all areas should be equal so shouldnt be an issue till it becomes low pressure. Last time I looked the oil feeds go up one of the head bolt holes so wasn't really sure where the pressure went from there, but it makes sense now that I actually think about it. The head cant be splash lubed, dont know what I was thinking lol.......

Yeah Pressure accross all areas should be equal so shouldnt be an issue till it becomes low pressure. Last time I looked the oil feeds go up one of the head bolt holes so wasn't really sure where the pressure went from there, but it makes sense now that I actually think about it. The head cant be splash lubed, dont know what I was thinking lol.......

Yeah, feeds the galleries :happy:

I think its on one of your other threads but tomei pump set 65-70psi hot, 2x 1.3 restrictors (I recon they crushed to 1mm) running redline 15w50 oil, enlarged return galleries and drilled returns to 9mm rear head drain/vent, made my own sump, baffled and gated holds about 7-7.5L.

Catchcan I made up, returned to sump..