SAU Community

R32 Gtr Nismo Edition.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd be flat pressed getting 30 grand for an R32 GTR that isn't mint (and I mean like brand new mint) or very cleanly highly modified.

Mate I've been offered $30000 from one person and $32000 from another since I've advertised it in the past week, I would rather let it sit in the shed for the next ten years then sell it for that, and I prob will

Yes and no, there are alot of vintage/muscle cars that have been restored, still commanding huge dollars.

Yeah, but those restored vehicles will never command the same premium as one in "original and immaculate" condition. Thats the point I'm making.

Mate I've been offered $30000 from one person and $32000 from another since I've advertised it in the past week, I would rather let it sit in the shed for the next ten years then sell it for that, and I prob will

If I was you I'd be over the moon at those offers considering your car has been resprayed. Which indicates the paint probably was not in the best condition before this "overhaul". Also, letting it sit in the shed for 10 years will just mean you'll have to COMPLETELY overhaul all the running gear to actually getting it to run again.

Anyway, those buyers who made those offers are clearly unaware of the going value for one in absolute immaculate condition from Japan......quick search and heres one for $24,350 with the typical hefty jap dealer margin applied on top.

http://exchange.goo-...5012/index.html

Anyway, those buyers who made those offers are clearly unaware of the going value for one in absolute immaculate condition from Japan......quick search and heres one for $24,350 with the typical hefty jap dealer margin applied on top. http://exchange.goo-...5012/index.html

You do realise that car is in Japan!?? By the time it was shipped, landed, taxed & complianced in Aus you would be looking at over $30k.... I think it is you who is the one unaware of its value here!

Edited by r32line

Yeah, but those restored vehicles will never command the same premium as one in "original and immaculate" condition. Thats the point I'm making.

If I was you I'd be over the moon at those offers considering your car has been resprayed. Which indicates the paint probably was not in the best condition before this "overhaul". Also, letting it sit in the shed for 10 years will just mean you'll have to COMPLETELY overhaul all the running gear to actually getting it to run again.

Anyway, those buyers who made those offers are clearly unaware of the going value for one in absolute immaculate condition from Japan......quick search and heres one for $24,350 with the typical hefty jap dealer margin applied on top.

Mate r u a bit jealous maybe, it's 1/560 ever built half were sold for racing, this is the group A edition remember, my thoughts especially since nissan is coming back this year to the V8 racing it will only increase

Mate r u a bit jealous maybe, it's 1/560 ever built half were sold for racing, this is the group A edition remember, my thoughts especially since nissan is coming back this year to the V8 racing it will only increase

so is it a nismo edition or a group a edition? They aren't the same

so is it a nismo edition or a group a edition? They aren't the same

This new 2.6 L all wheel drive concept was put into production as the R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R. The R32 developed 206 kW (276 hp) and 266 lb·ft (361 N·m) of torque, it had a curb weight of 1,430 kg (3,146 lbs). Nissan officially started its production run August 1989[12], and began its Group A campaign in 1990. Due to strict Group A homologation rules, Nissan was required to also sell a series of the Skyline GT-R which more accurately reflected the car they use in Group A racing. This series was called the Skyline GT-R 'Nismo' edition.

Read this champ

You do realise that car is in Japan!?? By the time it was shipped, landed, taxed & complianced in Aus you would be looking at over $30k.... I think it is you who is the one unaware of its value here!

No, you can get one for much cheaper through auction which is why I mentioned the dealership tax.

Fact is, even at a dealership its only worth 24k for one in immac/original condition and R32's are more popular in Japan than here. I'm making a simple comparison. Many of the 32 GTR Nismos were brought over here before SEVS came in and when they werent worth much in Japan. ..

This blokes car was bought in under the 15 year rule aka before the SEVS rule came in!!!!

This new 2.6 L all wheel drive concept was put into production as the R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R. The R32 developed 206 kW (276 hp) and 266 lb·ft (361 N·m) of torque, it had a curb weight of 1,430 kg (3,146 lbs). Nissan officially started its production run August 1989[12], and began its Group A campaign in 1990. Due to strict Group A homologation rules, Nissan was required to also sell a series of the Skyline GT-R which more accurately reflected the car they use in Group A racing. This series was called the Skyline GT-R 'Nismo' edition.

Read this champ

The performance of the R32 NISMO is the same as the base model but came from factory with Aesthetic modifications

This is why they arent very sought after and command less than a R32 V-SPEC II or R32 GTR N1.

Just face the fact your R32 has had a REBUILT engine and a NEW PAINTJOB so it isnt worth much as one in original/immaculate condition!!!! Clearly you just came to SAU to sell your car and can't handle the heat from someone with experience in knowing the value of Japanese nostaglia vehicles.

$37k for a non-original R32? That's a stretch.

Should have taken the $32,000 especially given you've admitted you didn't pay much for it. You'll struggle to sell it on here if you keep posting these threads just asking to be flamed.

Also: "First to see will buy"? :)

Edited by BuuBox

$37k for a non-original R32? That's a stretch.

Should have taken the $32,000 especially given you've admitted you didn't pay much for it. You'll struggle to sell it on here if you keep posting these threads just asking to be flamed.

Also: "First to see will buy"? :)

^ This guy knows. I agree, and thanks for your educated opinion that is on the same page with mine.

^ This guy knows. I agree, and thanks for your educated opinion that is on the same page with mine.

If I needed the cash $32 would be great, but I don't, so we will see what it's worth in ten years lol

If I needed the cash $32 would be great, but I don't, so we will see what it's worth in ten years lol

Lets face it, you probably didn't even get offered $32k lol....and if you did, I face palm that you didnt accept such a good offer.

You'd end up with more money from the interest youll earn sitting on $32k for 10 years than you would selling the car in 10 years.

Lets face it, you probably didn't even get offered $32k lol....and if you did, I face palm that you didnt accept such a good offer.

You'd end up with more money from the interest youll earn sitting on $32k for 10 years than you would selling the car in 10 years.

Lol u find it hard to believe I was offered $32 and declined. Why?? It's not that much lol

He would have even more money if he never bought any car and put all his money into a bank account to earn interest.

I am sorry you find it so difficult to accept that he did not want to sell his car for $32k... He obviously valued his car more than that and wasn't in need of the money.

Edited by r32line

just saw pictures of the car on carsales, i must say it does look like a beautiful car. quick question though, was the engine bay sprayed at the same time?

surely for $13.500 it was a full spray job.

also how many kms does it have?

does it have the genuine dash?

does it also have the auction grade, books and service history from japan?

if so i think you should get between 30-35000, might take anywhere between 6-12 months but someone might pop up.

in my opinion though only if the engine bay is as clean as the body, it has books with service history, its under 80,000kms and a high grade import with auction papers from japan you should get it, but if not id say under 30k

either way, you have a beautiful car mate, and nothing wrong with having her in the garage for the next 10 years waiting for the price your after, only problem with that is you have a 2 door sunday driver that you wouldnt want to put too many kms on due to resale value.

and if you want that ve gts or prado, you can either afford to have one with a $30.000 car in the garage, or a cheaper car to drive around in and a $30.000 weekend cruiser.

guess they are your otions

either way, congrats on the nice car