SAU Community

The Wasteland 2013 Edition

heslo

it would be fitting if the fords and holdens all had red and blue lights on the roof to mimic reality.... cops chasing nissans

Ahah! I actually guffawed at that one.... reality tv is about to happen....

-D

Nah, it will still be an extremely even competition and the wins will be shared equally around the brands. In all honesty the whole COTF thing is just a promotional gimmick - all 4 brands of cars will run IDENTICAL floor pans, suspension, brakes, wheels, steering, ECU, engine position/weigh balance, trans, diffs, etc etc. And they will be tuned to the EXACT same kw - with the Nissans being severely restricted so as to not make too much power.

Really they will all the be exact same cars, with different body shells on top :(

Already the Ford and Holden camps have been whinging about Nissan having an unfair advantage, as in early testing the Altima had a better wind/drag coefficient, and last I heard they were making Nissan put some flatter panels on the intakes of the Altima to somewhat mess up the drag coefficient to make it equal to that of the Fords and Holdens.

From what ive read about the Nissan VK56DE engine, they've sleeved the block (to bring it back to 5 litres capacity from the 5.6 it is in the Patrol), and counterweighted the crank (because the engine is too light)

Havent heard anything on the Mercedes side, if the Stone Brothers / Erebus merger is anything to go by, they'll be there (im sure Nick might be able to enlighten us on how many car operation Erebus already has in the GT championship)

I love them, but if I brought one home the wife would be out of here before I even closed the door behind me ....

Once it has settled in and once you have figured out if it bitey or not, I would love to come have a play with it!

Finally got myself a green tree python today. There not $10000 for a juvenile anymore. Like they used to be. Anyone else into reptiles?

My bro is really into reptiles. Hes got 7 snakes at the moment, a bunch of scorpions, blue tongue lizards, stumpy tailed lizards, water dragons and bearded dragons... think he currently has a stimpsons python, a woma python, a black headed python, childrens python and a couple I dont know the names of (one which is bright green but isnt a green tree python). This place is like a zoo sometimes.

-D

I had Bearded Dragons but the missus flipped out when I said they were coming with when we moved in together... My Father now has two new friends that sit happily on a heat pad on his computer desk while he works lol