SAU Community

Will The R32 Gtr Become A Japanese Classic In Years To Come? Or Are There Just Too Many Of Them?

One thing to consider is that next year R32's can be imported to the US. So there will be a increase in demand. There were only 40,000 R32 GTR's made. That's not many when you have to supply the whole world.

Correct - virtually every 1989 model is already gone in Japan, US guys are stockpiling already...

Correct - virtually every 1989 model is already gone in Japan, US guys are stockpiling already...

I find this very interesting......... I'm a bit surprised more hasn't been made of this.

I wasn't sure how much demand there is for a 25 year old car, especially knowing how much work is required in getting them up to scratch.

Does anybody know of a US website that talks about these cars or any of the hype about having them next year etc?

Thanks......

Bob.

There's a North American version of GTROC somewhere, mostly full of Canadians and jealous Seppos. One of my agents in Japan (who is from Texas and keen to cash in) said 1989 models have already risen about 50% at auction, they're even starting to look at 1990 models...

can i just add to this...not only will GTRs be worth money there is a good chance the humble GTS-T will become quite sort after as well...

With the every growing popularity of the drift scene these cars are one by one being picked up and thrashed into oblivion...

Now just like Mustangs and Monaros, think about how many of these kids will be suffering some kind of mid life crisis in 20-30 odd years have cash in the bank, will want to regain a handle on their youth and will be prepared to pay just about anything to find a clean example...of which there will be almost none left...

people are stashing GTRs away in there sheds as we speak and many of them will sit there for years...but how many people would think to do the same with a non GTR model...next to none I bet...as they are seen as somewhat inferior by many...yes I understand that there will never be a huge profit at the end of the day in any case...but really, how many people do actually make a BIG profit from selling one car..very few...Is the profit worth the storage fees, depends how much you are paying for storage I guess....

Even more sought after again will be the S-chassis cars....Anyway thats my prediction for the future...you read it here first folks... :P

To me the 32 will fetch good prices for a clean stock model. But in many years to come it will be the 34 that will fetch the money especially in Bayside blue.

Reasoning to this. The 32 will always be the iconic rise of Godzilla. But its the playstation age of the Bayside Blue R34 and the massive iconic peak of the best Godzilla that will see the 34 trump the 32 in price.

The 33GTR will never see anywhere near the prices and the GTST models will never be worth anything.

I think everyone's opinion is important, so here is the translation (google's, not mine) of the above;

"To achieve profit growth Leafs pay well under the whistle Groth Between Species Lay Protest Media Pass II disapproval Tie Color Vision III Many educated Fill chamber Mall Pub Mount and chat Carrots and Mixed Event Monitor II Pleasure Turn adhesive barrier and sharp personality Rounding Jack West Wrong Person Shave Suck intellegent Forest Health Movement Pleasure Ball II presents advertising for businesses Federal retirement Annoyed customer Charge pregnant Polish Power Irritating Bear And Gift Buying Individual Sheet Harbour II flow Unit scissors River Historical Military Costume Strain remember flying Offer recording Arts Deftly Universe Aunt Lead Inquiry Nice way to Friendship enthusiastic driver Advertising Cold Diet analysis Environment Landscape singer dot Taxi normal organ Internet."

can i just add to this...not only will GTRs be worth money there is a good chance the humble GTS-T will become quite sort after as well...

people are stashing GTRs away in there sheds as we speak and many of them will sit there for years

No we're not.

• 5 weeks later...

I guess an owner's perspective might be different.

Apart from being owned by 2 mature aged guys...

* it's lost 40% in depreciation

* it's pretty spotless

* it's done less than 32,000Km

* it's a collectible

Interested to know what you'd sell it for?

Ex Skaife - $130k (14000kms)

The one above $85k (32000kms)

Personally, if I could afford any of them, I'd buy and ship the 32 GTR in Japan with 2000kms for $60k.

I'm bias towards mine being worth more than I could get too.

R

Ex Skaife - $130k (14000kms)

The one above $85k (32000kms)

Personally, if I could afford any of them, I'd buy and ship the 32 GTR in Japan with 2000kms for $60k.

I'm bias towards mine being worth more than I could get too.

R

What about this one?

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=AGC-AD-13271823&Cr=12

Bob.

YES YES YES

Thanks Bob.

You good for a loan?

EDIT: far out - this one gives me butterflys. I have absolutely no way of affording this ATM.

are you going to buy it ?

Double Edit: I dislike you now :(

Plse remove link (before anyone else see's it!)